GopherSports: Coach Kill Getting Out & About Recently

Parski1 said:
How can you not love this guy?

New Mexico State, North Dakota State, Purdue, and Michigan.

I'll be a little more cautious with the L word this time around.

New Mexico State, North Dakota State, Purdue, and Michigan.

I'll be a little more cautious with the L word this time around.

lawl

Tear down to rebuild. You still don't get it?

lawl

I'm not saying I dislike Kill at all, but there is nothing to "get" at this point. I've seen the tear down part, the rebuild is TBD. Too early to say I love the coach, especially given the early season disaster last year and questionable out of state recruiting class.

lawl

He has a great point though. A year into Brewster's career I was thinking the same thing. This guy has big dreams and aspirations and he isn't afraid to say the U could go to Pasadena. That was a fresh of breath air and provided some positivity. We had a (on paper) amazing recruiting class coming in.

I am not saying Kill and Brewster are anything alike, but what if Kill goes 3-9 again and follows it up with a couple of more losing seasons. Does that make him going around talking about the program another salesman?

I don't think Kill is going to follow that path. Everywhere he has been he has turned programs around and won. There are many reasons to love Kill, but it doesn't matter how many speeches or success stories he has, his final legacy at the U will be the games he won and lost.

I'm not saying I dislike Kill at all, but there is nothing to "get" at this point. I've seen the tear down part, the rebuild is TBD. Too early to say I love the coach, especially given the early season disaster last year and questionable out of state recruiting class.

No one asked you to love him.

Gold Vision said:
Huh??? I answered the question, maybe it was meant to be rhetorical.
It was meant to be rhetorical.

I'm not saying I dislike Kill at all, but there is nothing to "get" at this point.

Never meant to imply you didn't dislike Kill.

I've seen the tear down part, the rebuild is TBD.

Of course it is.. but the tear down was necessary. And using said tear down as 'proof' as why one shouldn't use the 'L' word is ridiculous.

Too early to say I love the coach, especially given the early season disaster last year and questionable out of state recruiting class.

Considering the route he's taken and the turnaround his first season, I say there's plenty to love him about. Of course, it's easier to love him whenever he gets a chance to speak with a mic or without, he ALWAYS says the right thing. Again, the 'early season disaster' was almost a necessary evil in the tear down / rebuild process. I'm not calling his out of state (or even in-state) recruiting a success or not.. so lets refrain from using his recruiting as a reason to like/dislike him until the classes pan out in years 3 and 4.

He has a great point though. A year into Brewster's career I was thinking the same thing. This guy has big dreams and aspirations and he isn't afraid to say the U could go to Pasadena. That was a fresh of breath air and provided some positivity. We had a (on paper) amazing recruiting class coming in.

I am not saying Kill and Brewster are anything alike, but what if Kill goes 3-9 again and follows it up with a couple of more losing seasons. Does that make him going around talking about the program another salesman?

I don't think Kill is going to follow that path. Everywhere he has been he has turned programs around and won. There are many reasons to love Kill, but it doesn't matter how many speeches or success stories he has, his final legacy at the U will be the games he won and lost.

Of course, but basing his ultimate success on his first year is silly, too.

Top Bottom