Gophers Worst Helmet?

nitramnaed

Reaction score
https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fimagn-images%2F2018%2F08%2F15133326-850x560.jpeg

2. Worst helmet in college football: Minnesota Yellow Gophers

Minnesota had a rough go in 2020 and these yellow helmets they wore vs Maryland were rough on my eyes. The Golden Gophers decided to wear a mustard yellow lid with the Minnesota “M” in white and it just made for a hideous look. The yellow just looks so bad with a white jersey and maroon numbers, an awful combination from the Gophers here. The Gophers have been aggressive in their helmet game in recent years, they’ve hit a lot and missed a lot. This was undoubtedly a miss and they should toss this one away and try again.

I love our non- metallic gold helmets. I prefer the maroon M though. Or Goldy.

The gold and white is not great. Agree with the maroon and white.

The gold helmets @ Fresno State were awesome though that had a maroon M and running Goldy or @ Rutgers with the giant Goldy face

His 5 favorites lead me to believe his only exposure to design and font usage comes from this disk...

The gold with white M was bad. But his top 5 are mostly garbage. Ole Miss? Really?

Looks like I’m in the minority here, but I liked these helmets (and really everything we’ve done with uniforms over Fleck’s tenure)!

Yeah, the block M in white is not the greatest look. Didn't they do a white helmet with anthracite block M, or am I imagining that? Definitely would be my choice for worst.

Yeah, the block M in white is not the greatest look. Didn't they do a white helmet with anthracite block M, or am I imagining that? Definitely would be my choice for worst.
Yeah, a 0-39 loss to Northwestern (2017) will get a uniform design retired real quick.

MINNY-GAMER-900x601.jpg

(The Helmet Project is a great resource for finding this kind of stuff)

I don't care what color as long as they win.

I may be in the small group that thinks this...but I just don't like anything anthracite on any part of the uniforms.

Still waiting for the snowman or full banana. Doesn't Fleck read these message boards? give the people what they want!

I may be in the small group that thinks this...but I just don't like anything anthracite on any part of the uniforms.

Still waiting for the snowman or full banana. Doesn't Fleck read these message boards? give the people what they want!
New Mexico State game at home in 2018 was full snowman, if I remember. NMSU's new white uniforms hadn't arrived, so the Gophers wore white (with white helmets).

I didn't hate the helmets but also think maroon for the M would be sharp. I will also give it points for having the same logo on both sides - I don't really like helmets having a different logo on each side.

Top Bottom