Gophers Women's Hockey - 2023 NCAA Championship Tournament

They did a good job. There was one play where a Gopher went flying on a possible trip but overall a top job.

Looks like Badgers are organizing for the Minnesota-Wisconsin showdown.

I’m sure you will see the best fans. Many Gopher fans will be there.

I’m sure you will see the best fans. Many Gopher fans will be there.

Go Gophers!

Let's go Gophers!

Way to go Gophers!

2023 WOMEN'S FROZEN FOUR SCHEDULE​

• Wednesday, March 15
    3:00 P.M. - Gopher Women's Hockey Team Sendoff -- Help us send off the Gophers to Duluth for the Frozen Four! Join us in the Athletes Village Atrium to pick up a gold pom, cheer loud and participate in a short sendoff as players walkthrough the lobby and get on their bus. Parking is not available at Athletes Village but is available on nearby city streets. Fans are encouraged to arrive between 2:30-3:00 P.M. and enter the Athletes Village main lobby off 15th Ave SE, where Gopher Athletics staff members will help direct and gather everyone.
  • Friday, March 17
    2:30 P.M. - #1 Ohio State vs. #5 Northeastern
  • 3:30 P.M. - 5:30 P.M. - 'Sota Social
    Join us at Green Mill to enjoy food, drinks and a great atmosphere with fellow Gopher fans!
  • 3:45 P.M. - Red Carpet Arrivals
    Gather along the red carpets outside of the AMSOIL Arena Main Entrance (Entrance E) and cheer loud, welcoming the Gophers to the arena for their game against Wisconsin.
  • 6:00 P.M. - #2 Minnesota vs. Wisconsin
  • Sunday, March 19
    3:00 P.M. - Game 1 Winner vs. Game 2 Winner

- University of Minnesota Athletics

2023 WOMEN'S HOCKEY FROZEN FOUR AMSOIL ARENA | DULUTH, MINN. FRIDAY, MARCH 17 & SUNDAY, MARCH 19
gophersports.com

Minnesota's Abbey Murphy has been on fire in the post season. She was Most Outstanding Player in the WCHA tournament.

Taylor Heise is the defending 2022 Patty Kazmaier Award winner, best player in hockey. Both Heise and Grace Zumwinkle were nominated for the 2023 award.

Goaltender Skylar Vetter has played great in the postseason.

Friday at 6 PM in Duluth, Minnesota plays Wisconsin in the Frozen Four NCAA Championship. Ohio State plays Northeastern that afternoon.

Sunday afternoon, the winners play for the NCAA Championship.

The other strong conference is ECAC. All the ECAC teams fell in the NCAA tournament.

wcha.com

Four WCHA Coaches Named Division I Coach of the Year Finalists

BLOOMINGTON, Minn. – By advancing their teams to successful postseason play, four Western Collegiate Hockey Association head coaches have been named finalists for the 2022-23 Division I Coach of the Year award, presented by CCM and the American Hockey Coaches Association.
wcha.com

wcha.com

Three WCHA Teams Advance to 2023 Frozen Four

BLOOMINGTON, Minn. – The Western Collegiate Hockey Association has three teams bound for the 2023 Frozen Four, hosted by Minnesota Duluth at AMSOIL Arena on March 17 and 19.
wcha.com

hockeyeastonline.com

Women's Weekly Release: Northeastern Advances to Third Straight Frozen Four - Hockey East Association

Huskies Set to Face Defending Champion Ohio State in Duluth, Minnesota
hockeyeastonline.com

Trio of ECAC Teams Fall Short in NCAA Regional Finals

CLIFTON PARK, N.Y. — The ECAC Hockey women's season came to a close tonight as the league's three teams fell just short in the national postseason, narrowly missing out on Frozen Four berths.
ecachockey.com

This is so great! Thank you for posting this in the Football forum where I saw it, GophersInIowa.

That football program and coach are pretty amazing to do that.

Nice arena! Ohio State leads 1-0 over Northeastern. Gophers play at 6 pm.

20230317_145511.jpg

20230317_150057.jpg

Last edited:

Gophers just arrived to a cheering crowd! They looked so happy, smiling, walking through.

20230317_153933.jpg

20230317_154000.jpg

20230317_154050.jpg

20230317_154056.jpg

Northeastern players are crying and consoling each other in small player huddles crouched over. Crying. Some of it is going on a long time. Sad. Lost to Ohio State 0-3. Lots of tears.

Up next, the main event is tonight's Minnesota-Wisconsin showdown.

Another embarrassing loss. Time to go after after Nadine and bring her home.

I glad I didn't watch that horrendous defense. No.1 offense in the country and the best you can do is two goals. If you're gonna score only two goals you better play shutdown defense, which they didn't.

A very sad game. Wisconsin was given outrageously open shots. Blown defense.

There was a controversial call that maybe cost the Gophers the game. Gophers scored a goal that would be the game winners. Refa waived it off for being a high stick. The replay showed mid body high. I do not know the rule enough to say. A hockey kid with dad told me the hockey rule says that was not a high stick. It should have counted.

Gophers have not won a championship since 2016. It's time for coach to step aside.

A very sad game. Wisconsin was given outrageously open shots. Blown defense.

There was a controversial call that maybe cost the Gophers the game. Gophers scored a goal that would be the game winners. Refa waived it off for being a high stick. The replay showed mid body high. I do not know the rule enough to say. A hockey kid with dad told me the hockey rule says that was not a high stick. It should have counted.

Gophers have not won a championship since 2016. It's time for coach to step aside.
I believe when the puck goes in the net, it is a different standard than high stick anywhere else on the ice. Regardless of how tall you are or where it is at on your body, you can't deflect a puck that is over the crossbar down and into the goal.

Top Bottom