Gophers with 0.1% chance to win out, 1.9% chance to win conference (ESPN)

But we have a chance!

Because obviously someone was going to post it:
58669-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-Sm9B.gif

Seems weird that with a projected 60.5% chance of beating Iowa, there is only a 67.9% chance of beating Illinois. That hardly seems intuitive. Would expect a much larger difference.

Also, I multiplied the probabilities of winning all the remaining games and got .3%. Either I misunderstand or their math is funky.

I think Ohio State might be the most likely victory out of the 3 final games, since it is at home, but ESPN strongly disagrees. Just tough for me to see a win on the road vs. Wiscy or Nebraska.

To win two of the four would be a miracle.

It will be difficult, but I think "miracle" overstates it. Unless we choke against Illinois, we will be favored against Iowa, and I don't think it would be a miracle to win one game where we are favored, and then go 1-2 against the other three (especially when one of the three is a team currently ranked beneath us).

I think Ohio State might be the most likely victory out of the 3 final games, since it is at home, but ESPN strongly disagrees. Just tough for me to see a win on the road vs. Wiscy or Nebraska.

We did beat Nebraska last year, so it's not like its out of the question. They didn't play well that game and we played inspired ball, but it could happen again. Especially if we get to that game and it is for the division.

Top Bottom