Gophers win home opener

stevenmgr

Reaction score
The University of Minnesota men’s basketball team took on Tennessee Tech in their first regular season game. The atmosphere to begin the game was electric. The Gophers wanted to try to establish the pace early in the game. The Gophers started out playing tough man-to-man defense. The Gophers wanted to try to shut down Tennessee Tech’s offense early in the game.

The fans I thought did a great job supporting the Gohpers at the game. The atmosphere was electric. Im excited about this Gopher team.

http://stevenssports.blogspot.com/2009/11/university-of-minnesota-opened-2009.html

Thanks for the update Steven! I too am excited about this season. I think the key will be RSIII with Royce White and Trevor Mbwake out. It was pretty frustrating last season to watch this team flounder on the offensive perimeter when trying to match-up with Michigan State and Texas. I really thought that White was going to give us some creativity in the post and Mbwake a physical presence. I was encouraged by what I saw from RSIII last night. He looked confident in the post and appears to be stronger. Hopefully, we'll be able to get 10-14 in the post from him against Izzo and company.

Top Bottom