Gophers vs Winona State

bruster

Reaction score
While I believe this game should be another blowout, WSU will definitely give the Gophers much more of a test than Northeastern. WSU should be one of the better DII teams in the country and when comparing them to Northeastern, definitely have a lot more size and talent. WSU will be led by a familiar name... Anthony Tucker, who is known for his alcohol violations while playing with the Hawkeyes the past 2 years. Winona also has a few other DI transfers on their team. Clayton Vette, a 6-9 F/C from Iowa State, and C.J. Erickson, a 6-6 F from Illinois-Evansville. One other notable name would be Ben Fischer who played football for the Gophers and transferred to play basketball at WSU.

I am looking forward to seeing Tucker play against B10 opponents again. WSU will definately put up more of a fight than Northeastern. They also have another D1 transfer, Caleb Palkert from SC-Upstate. While I'm not expecting WSU to win, I expect them to at least keep it competitive.

While I believe this game should be another blowout, WSU will definitely give the Gophers much more of a test than Northeastern. WSU should be one of the better DII teams in the country and when comparing them to Northeastern, definitely have a lot more size and talent. WSU will be led by a familiar name... Anthony Tucker, who is known for his alcohol violations while playing with the Hawkeyes the past 2 years. Winona also has a few other DI transfers on their team. Clayton Vette, a 6-9 F/C from Iowa State, and C.J. Erickson, a 6-6 F from Illinois-Evansville. One other notable name would be Ben Fischer who played football for the Gophers and transferred to play basketball at WSU.

Just to let you know, Erickson is from Evansville, which is actually in Indiana. They play in the Missouri Valley Conference.

I'm pretty familiar with the Warriors, and I can tell you, they will keep this game competitive. They have nine players over 6-5 and five over 6-7.

Vette is coming off a serious knee injury that hampered him quite a bit last season. He was a 3-star prospect coming out of HS and was Iowa's Mr. Basketball in 2007. He's 6-9, 240.

Tucker was also a 3-star recruit and we all know about him. In case you didn't know, he averaged 11 ppg in 40 games for Iowa.

Erickson was Minnesota's HS Defensive Player of the Year as a senior at Minnetonka. He stands 6-6 and guards the perimeter really well. High-flying dunker too.

Fischer is a stud at PG. He rebounds, scores, passes and plays great defense. He honestly does it all for that team.

Palkert is 6-9 and didn't play much last season at Upstate. I don't know much about him except that he went to Southwest Christian for HS.

Joel Armstrong is an undersized post at 6-6, but he has the ability to score. In high school, he broke Stillwater's all-time scoring record. He was a 2-star prospect according Rivals.com.

The No. 9-ranked Warriors have some serious depth too, so the Gophers are going to need to be careful when the second-teammers are out there. I think Minnesota will pull away in the end, but it won't be like Northeastern State. I think it'll be more like 85-60 than 109-59.

ioweeee outcast

How good can they be if they have to play someone that use to be a pigeye.

if they keep this game close, then we will have a bag of issues we need to deal with.

Top Bottom