Gophers vs. Wake Forest in the Big Ten / ACC Challenge

Lynx

Reaction score

This seems like a good pairing with both coming off second round WNIT appearances last season. The release said Wake has returning the ACC’s leading scorer from last season. That kind of surprised me.

My autocorrect changed Big 10 to Big 100 when I originally wrote the thread title… More fitting these days. 😂

Maybe we can get all of the D1 teams to join one conference and then split the conference into multiple divisions or pods. They could play mostly teams in their own division or pod and even have a tournament at the end of the season before the conference tournament! Now that would be March Madness!

Wake Forest is led by Megan Gebbia in her first year at Wake. Last season she led American into Williams leaving with a 73-56 loss. Minnesota played 15 players.

American finished 23-9 with a 74-39 loss to Michigan opening the NCAA tournament

The other matchups:

Wednesday, November 30
Illinois
at Pitt
Ohio State at Louisville
Syracuse at Purdue
Virginia at Penn State
Wake Forest at Minnesota
Rutgers
at Boston College

Thursday, December 1
Northwestern
at Duke
Michigan at Miami
Maryland at Notre Dame
North Carolina at Indiana
Nebraska
at Virginia Tech
NC State at Iowa
Florida State at Wisconsin
Georgia Tech at Michigan State

Of note: Today, former Wake Forest head coach, Jen Hoover, who was fired last May, was hired as an assistant at Kentucky. Hoover coached the Demon Deacons for 10 years making the NCAA's in 2021.

This seems like a good pairing with both coming off second round WNIT appearances last season. The release said Wake has returning the ACC’s leading scorer from last season. That kind of surprised me.

My autocorrect changed Big 10 to Big 100 when I originally wrote the thread title… More fitting these days. 😂
🤭😆

I wonder how things like this will work after the B10 expansion. Will 2 B10 teams not play?

Top Bottom