Gophers vs. UNLV review

Reaction score
Here is what I see, if you take away the score and turnovers and penalties we played outstanding and are a much improved team and especially the defense. When you all those elements back in the game we played not so well but they scored 10 points off turnovers in the game and especially the muff punt from stoudemire which shouldn't have happened what so ever, they wouldn't had a touchdown at all throughout this game so thinking that this defense is much more improved and has some talent. As for the offense, we still more improved but some of the missed passes from gray killed the game. We rushed not just from gray but from running backs also that I have not seen in a long time. Gray still had a good pass game and got a lot of passing yards but missed some guys down field I think he will improve on and make those plays the next games. Gophers lost momentum on their first drive which should've been a touchdown but it was a fluky tipped interception. Gray just needs to hit those guys down field which I think he will work on and he will hit them in games to come and he will know his strength and not use as much power to hit these receivers. I think that with the reduction of penalties and gray hitting men down field we will score touchdowns. I can assure you that if the gophers get 400+ offensive yards again they will win by a good amount if it is against a team like UNLV. What I think is gray is used to passing super deep down field. When i watched practices, he didn't practice too much on those deep throws and last year we didn't really have a receiver to break free down field so I think it's first game mistakes and he will fix it. I'm not going to judge this team on their performance or gray's performance after one game that we still won. I think we will put up big offensive yards again and personally gray will make the plays and we will score more points and win some games. Last year gophers lost to NMSU and NDSU at HOME and we still came out later in the season beating Iowa and almost beating Michigan st. there in Michigan and beat Illinois so if we could improve to that from losing to teams like that we definitely improve on a few plays. I'm confident in this team and they will put up yards and score. I think this isn't going to be season trend. Gray is a senior but not as super experienced and as we want him to be but he is a senior and will reduce strength and know his strength and throw and hit guys down field.

Also another thing to add is we wouldn't have been in the whole overtime mess if it wasn't for an easy muff punt from stoudemire we probably in reality of all the mistakes should've won it 13 to 3 of 16 to 3 which is better than 30 to 27 in 3 ot to UNLV so really and that's a mistake that you won't see again. I can assure stoudemire won't want that to happen again and besides you never know if that would've been the drive we started gaining momentum and gray actually hit some guys down field but instead we lost momentum.

LOL!!!!

The Gophs would've beat Michigan last year if they didn't give up 7 TD's and somehow mustered up a FG on offense.....

LOL!!!!

The Gophs would've beat Michigan last year if they didn't give up 7 TD's and somehow mustered up a FG on offense.....

Nice to see that you have recovered from your sadness over a Gopher victory to spew another one of your usual negative comments here. :pig:

Stoud shouldn't be returning punts. He had the same issue years ago when Brew tried him back there. It's the reason why we always went with Bryant "Fair Catch" Allen and Brandon Green.

LOL!!!!

Finally, Art made a post that makes some sense, and that is the overused analogies using the big IF.

If the dog would not have stopped to take a $hit, he might have caught the rabbit.

Top Bottom