Gophers vs U of South Dakota at Williams Arena, Sunday, March 20, 2 p.m.

They had the special type of player who comes around to your program once every century and still were an awful team. The following years without Banham look grim. Stollings clearly has no grasp of how to enact an effective defense in the teams she's coached. Consider me unimpressed. Me thinks she'll be gone within 3 years. Also, Wagner's field goal percentage this year was terrible. She's clearly skilled, but needs to improve this offseason on shot selection, her actual shot, and becoming less predictable.

On a positive note, what a memorable career Banham had here for the Gophers. 6th all time scorer in NCAA history. 35+ point nights far to many to count. Clutch shot making, leadership, coming back from injury and heartbreak. She's going to have a fantastic career in the WNBA and you better bet your boots that I'll be following her every step of the way! Thanks Rachel for everything you've given this program.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater yet. And yes, congrats to RB for a great run.

Thanks to Shayne, Mikayla and Rachel for some of the most memorable Gopher moments ever!!!

Note: Kynadi Johnson who was not on the bench for UW Milwaukee was there today-with a boot on her left foot and using a crutch with her right arm.

Looking forward to next season with a very different team and presumably a one on one defender; but that's for another thread.

Pitino will get to the NCAA Tournament for the first time before Stollings sniffs it again, if in fact she does sniff it again. I say that knowing it's at least the 2017-18 season before we can reasonably expect that out of the men.

Pitino will get to the NCAA Tournament for the first time before Stollings sniffs it again, if in fact she does sniff it again. I say that knowing it's at least the 2017-18 season before we can reasonably expect that out of the men.
If it was Eric Musselman we'd be dancing next year:cool:

Yesterday, USD used the skip pass very effectively. The skip pass not only leads to open 3-pointers, it puts the defense badly out of position to get a defensive rebound.

For a team with a glut of guards, their perimeter defense has sucked.

Yesterday, USD used the skip pass very effectively. The skip pass not only leads to open 3-pointers, it puts the defense badly out of position to get a defensive rebound.

For a team with a glut of guards, their perimeter defense has sucked.

Agree, plus the ladies would get lazy in the matchup zone. At times poor defensive posture. Also the post players wouldn't leave their feet on a attempt to block a shot. The arms straight-up theory is fine, but at some point you need to leave your feet ( cue up Zahui B ).

Top Bottom