Gophers vs Spartans

Solid second period so far. Score on this powerplay and it's game over. Happy with how we're playing but we're so much better than MSU that it's hard to get a good feel.

Not the cleanest game as far as passing, etc., but the guys are flying around. Fun team to watch. This D corps is what's going to give them a real shot at a title. I know MSU isn't the USSR teams of the 70's, but they can't get anything of a cycle going.

Those two intense games against Michigan were awesome, but a comfortable beatdown is nice every once in a while.

Huglen hits the extra point. At this point just stay healthy for tomorrow night and don't get drawn into any chippy stuff.

Just got back. What a fun beating. Crazy to think this 8 goal win was despite being sloppy for a large part of the first and missing a breakaway and couple odd man rushes. Could have been double digits. Would that have been two scoops of Culvers?

Kinda sensed this might happen after an explosive outburst last night.

Not sure why that’s a 5 on MSU. He doesn’t make contact with the head. Just recently got rid of the puck. Looks like a clean hard hit to me and they are just officiating the aftermath of the hit.

Gophers have had like some 20 minutes of major powerplay over the last few games and only two goals scored during those PP. For some reason they seem to be trying harder on those than a regular PP.

Not sure why that’s a 5 on MSU. He doesn’t make contact with the head. Just recently got rid of the puck. Looks like a clean hard hit to me and they are just officiating the aftermath of the hit.
My guess would be that the MSU player's elbow makes contact with Koster's head.

Okay, now that the team is awake, they need to close out this third period strong!

Nice 6-3 win!

This bye week is mostly about prepping for play-off hockey. Yes I know that we have three series left with OSU and PSU being tough outs, but with a deep NCAA run/ National title in play, the focus needs to be on play-off hockey.

Just my unsolicited (and un-informed)opinion.;)

Great game to attend. Good crowd. This team is scary good. Didn't put together three good periods but still won handily.

Last edited:

From the STrib:

Note: Gophers defenseman Mike Koster didn't play in the third after taking a blindside hit from Russell that drew a five-minute major and a game misconduct late in the second. Motzko did not have an update on Koster's status

New thread for this weekends series, or do we add to this thread?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting excited. I hope our Gophers start out like a running through the streets in Spain (Best images with Green and White I could find).

r

3000.jpeg

It's not a series, it's one game.

You have to win this game. The opponent is about as skilled as the team you'll see in the first round of the NCAA, if not worse. The only way the Gophers lose is if they don't put in a good effort.

Top Bottom