Gophers vs Northwestern: Depth Chart

jaymil

Reaction score
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...f/2015-16/misc_non_event/100115DepthChart.pdf

Travis is still out and Boddy-Calhoun is questionable. Everyone else that was up in the air this week is not listed on the injury report. That's good news.

Other notes:

- Croft is now listed as the backup QB
- Smith and Brooks are the only RB's listed
- Interesting that Ace Rogers isn't listed on the two-deep but Jacob Huff is
- Craig James is listed as the punt returner
- Isaiah Gentry isn't on the two-deep but Kill said he'd play more this week

Will we ever see Jeff Jones or Berkeley Edwards this season?

Will we ever see Jeff Jones or Berkeley Edwards this season?
JJ has played in three games, but has Edwards seen the field, yet? I think it's a surprise neither has been a factor, but still think it's a long season and one or both may pop up at any moment. What do you think?

JJ has played in three games, but has Edwards seen the field, yet? I think it's a surprise neither has been a factor, but still think it's a long season and one or both may pop up at any moment. What do you think?

No idea on Jones, but we now know how we could "nab" Edwards from his family's alma mater.

Will I get to see my favorite rb, Rodrick Williams, in the backfield again this season?

Edwards seem to be injury prone at this stage of his career. JJ had his own episodes with concussion and migraines. Plus, he was totally out of football last season affecting his "sea legs". But, I hope they both have a David Cobb moment with hard work and determination to succeed.

It is a team game. Injuries is part of life that might slow player contribution. They may both play important roles down the road. I can't give up on them yet. Some kids take longer to mature physically and mentally as players.

Berkley is listed as a RS Soph and JJ is listed as a RS Fr. Am I reading Gophersports right?

No Ace Rogers??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seemed like he played a lot last week.

I watched Edwards on the bench last week. Disinterested, not talking to teammates, sitting apart from coaches during time outs.

Bye, Bye, Berkeley. Too bad.

does the bigten still limit travel squads to 72? and we'd take three kickers?

No idea on Jones, but we now know how we could "nab" Edwards from his family's alma mater.

I don't recall anyone saying that. Michigan wasn't our competition - Iowa was. It was pretty easy to sign him over Michigan, given that they never offered him.

I watched Edwards on the bench last week. Disinterested, not talking to teammates, sitting apart from coaches during time outs. Bye, Bye, Berkeley. Too bad.

That's the kind of stuff (on a fairly long list) that you can't pick up on TV. The way this program works, the best player on the team won't see the field if he doesn't buy in. JJ has been on the field for a few plays, so maybe he can work things out. I also noticed Roderick's big smile, and enthusiastic and animated celebration in the post-game locker room. He also was hustling on special teams. He's had a couple of big runs for us in recent years and I think he'll have at least one more.

Seemed like he played a lot last week.

I watched Edwards on the bench last week. Disinterested, not talking to teammates, sitting apart from coaches during time outs.

Bye, Bye, Berkeley. Too bad.

IALTO

I don't recall anyone saying that. Michigan wasn't our competition - Iowa was. It was pretty easy to sign him over Michigan, given that they never offered him.

Which was the point he was trying to make as well as the same one that I have had from the time he signed here. If Edwards was good enough to be a factor in the Big Ten he would have been playing at Michigan as there is no way they would have let him out of the state considering who his brother was to them. It would be like us not going after one of the Barber's, we would have to feel very strongly that he couldn't cut it in order to let him leave for another school.

No Ace Rogers??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that was the case last week as well. Sometimes the depth chart doesn't make a lot of sense. Can't remember who (maybe a WR?) but there was a player last year that was never listed on the depth chart, yet always played a lot more than the player in front of him.

I think that was the case last week as well. Sometimes the depth chart doesn't make a lot of sense. Can't remember who (maybe a WR?) but there was a player last year that was never listed on the depth chart, yet always played a lot more than the player in front of him.

AJ Barker's moms best friend did not like the depth chart.

Top Bottom