Gophers vs Michigan from 03 on BTN

If only we could limit wren to 140 characters.

+1 Personally, I would prefer less but I could live with that. I had to laugh when he stated that the reason he needed to write such long posts was that his "audience" required them. Who the hell is this audience he is writing for?:confused:

Wow.... I've never read more than one post of "iamthewalrus" in a row, tough to follow, tough to stomach... do not suggest.

On Topic

Was at this game, sat outside EARLY to be in the front row of the student section. Interviewed on TV about rioting if we won (I was a dumb drunk freshman) and I sat in my seats for a good 30 minutes after the final horn depressed as all hell.

That loss is my fault.

I had my baby boy cradled in my arm/lap/favorite position, falling asleep, wearing his maroon and gold jammies. I DID NOT MOVE for the first 3 quarters. For the start of the 4th quarter, I decided it was time to put him to bed, and watch the rest of the game in my office at home and get online to enjoy the victory and read everything I could about it.

And then it happened.

I am truly sorry.

That loss is my fault.

I had my baby boy cradled in my arm/lap/favorite position, falling asleep, wearing his maroon and gold jammies. I DID NOT MOVE for the first 3 quarters. For the start of the 4th quarter, I decided it was time to put him to bed, and watch the rest of the game in my office at home and get online to enjoy the victory and read everything I could about it.

And then it happened.

I am truly sorry.

I will forgive you if you go and find a pair of maroon and gold jammies big enough for your kid and put your 11-12 year old son in that cradling position for all 4 quarters of each game for this season. After we go undefeated, I'll be able to move on.

As long as we are on the subject, I do love the ignore list although at this current date and time, I only have about 3 or so people on it. Of course, Wren is a "charter member" of my ignore list but the one loophole remains when people quote him. So, I am forced to see at least some of his ramblings when people try to engage in discussion with him.

For that game, I have said this each and every time the subject comes up... I was night trolling for walleyes and listening to it on the radio that Friday evening. I have since bought a cabin on the same lake but I refuse to fish on the same spot I was trolling that night. Just too many painful memories and the feeling of helplessness of having to listen to the entire debacle on the radio.

This is NOT for your eyes schnauzer: you must have just LOVED that 58-0 beating at the hands of Michigan a couple of years ago. Iam certain you have completely ignored the 3 game combined score of 135 to 26 in favor of the Corn/Blues in 2011, 2012 and 2013. So, IGNORE what you want to ignore. Pretend what you want to pretend. But, watch the 2014 game in Ann Arbor closely. It is the first test for my Golden Gophers in 2014 and will give an indication of just how the conference portion of the schedule most likely will play out in 2014. I am hoping for at least a similar game to that trilogy of games played in 2003, 2004 and especially 2005. That would be a FANTASTIC showing by my Golden Gopher Football Team as they kick off the 2014 Conference Race. lining up toe to toe would be good, win or lose. But, getting blown out still again would be a very bad sign and it would be hard for you dudes and dudettes to just "spin" away as you so love to do with that kind of thing...

But, watch the 2014 game in Ann Arbor closely. It is the first test for my Golden Gophers in 2014 and will give an indication of just how this conference portion of the schedule most likely play out in 2014.

Last year's 29 point loss to drop to 0-2 in the conference was an indication that the team was about to win four bt games in a row for the first time since 1973?

But, getting blown out still again would be a very bad sign and it would be hard for you dudes and dudettes to just "spin" away as you so love to do with that kind of thing...

I don't remember a lot of spin after last year's game. I remember several threads wondering who the next coach should be.

lining up toe to toe would be good, win or lose.

Agreed....when I think of Jerry Kill, I can just picture him in the locker room thumping his chest: "hey, we almost won!!"

Last year's 29 point loss to drop to 0-2 in the conference was an indication that the team was about to win four bt games in a row for the first time since 1973?

I don't remember a lot of spin after last year's game. I remember several threads wondering who the next coach should be.

Agreed....when I think of Jerry Kill, I can just picture him in the locker room thumping his chest: "hey, we almost won!!"

So, if there is another blow out loss, what the hell will he have to say? What will you have to say? Coach Kill really does need to have my Gophers ready for that game. His staff needs to be ready to go. So do the players. The game plan needs to be good and it needs to be executed. No more blow-outs in Ann Arbor for my Golden Gophers! Not if they are making progress...and I certainly am pulling for a MUCH better showing in 2014 than they had in 2013.

And yes: a competitive game is MUCH better than a blow out loss, wouldn't you agree? If you don't, what kind of world do you live in?

And yes: a competitive game is MUCH better than a blow out loss, wouldn't you agree? If you don't, what kind of world do you live in?

I live in a world where a loss is still a loss, whether it's by 1 or by 58. I'd rather win.

I live in a world where a loss is still a loss, whether it's by 1 or by 58. I'd rather win.

And just what would a 58 point loss tell you? What kind of progress would it indicate? How on earth could you try to convince any one you were getting better?

You don't need to tell me about the importance of winning. I always count the conference wins vs. the conference losses to get the complete picture. I will have a pretty damn good picture of how Coach Kill and his staff are doing at the end of the 2014 season. It will be a straight conference win vs. conference loss evaluation.

But, to the kids on the team IF you think it doesn't hurt the pride of those kids to lose a game 58-0, you are out of touch with reality. Sure, any kind of loss is tough, but, 58-0 is humiliating. If it happens once, a good coach can help bring the kids back. But, if it happens too many times...they just aren't likely to come all the way back.

In the past 3 years it's been 135 to 26. My Golden Gopher Team... NEEDS a good showing...win or lose in Ann Arbor in 2014. The players need to KNOW they belong on the same field as their University of Michigan counterparts. The Coach got his raise. His staff got their raises even though they had been outscored 135 to 26 by Michigan the past 3 years. That boosted their collective egos. They will get their increased pay win or lose...close or by blow out. But those kids, you know, the kids who lay it all out there on the field need to KNOW that they belong on that field in the Big House, that they are playing their hearts out and that they are giving the Corn/Blues one hell of a game in front of all those Michigan fans.

Sure, whether it's by one or fifty eight, it's just still a loss to you. Talk to the kids who played the game and you will KNOW that there is a difference...

I'm watching the MN/Wis game from 03'.

It's on demand.

The players need to KNOW they belong on the same field as their University of Michigan counterparts.

The Big Ten should adopt the NHL style of standings.

Wins, Losses, Moral Victories, 58-0 beatdowns

Moral victories of course would equal two actual wins.

Don't pay the damn coach when he gets beat 58-0. Don't pay the damn coach for any game he loses.
That's the ONLY way to go maximusjerkacus.

Jeepers. Folks are arguing while all agreeing on the same ideas. Yes we would all rather be competitive than getting destroyed all the time. Wren, you aren't making any new points. I doubt many people would rather have Brewster years than Mason years. Just thought I'd point out that you are being sensitive about nothing. Now I guess I'll wait for you to make a stupid joke about my name too like you do everyone else.

Remember the skit called "Wayne's World"? It appears that it has been replaced on the GopherHole by "Wren's World" staring a delusional, babbling fool who high jack threads and says profound things like

Don't pay the damn coach when he gets beat 58-0. Don't pay the damn coach for any game he loses. That's the ONLY way to go maximusjerkacus.

Ah yes, Chance from the movie "Being There" is alive and well on the GopherHole.

No Wren - . Also, stop telling everyone that they will be calling for Kill to be fired.

Well, if my memory from late last September/ early October proves correct, after the Iowa, and then Michigan loss a lot of peope on this board were calling for Jerry Kill to be "removed".

A good portion of the base turned on Jerry Kill when the team was zero and two in the B10, although it was under 50 percent of the fan base. Some of these Gopher "fans" hid behind the Jim Souhan position of "caring" and hoping "poor" Jerry did not die, but they still wanted him gone. Some on this board continued to insist that suffering Epileptic episodes would certain cause our coach to die on the field, and coaching football was clearly the direct cause of the events, and that that only cure was for "poor" Jerry to resign immediately.

After the 4-0 run, completely directed by Jerry Kill at least after Northwestern win, that talk seemed to die down in a hurry.

The fact is, 0-2 in in the Big Ten, with a Iowa home loss that pissed us all off, was why they wanted Jerry Kill, just as Wren suggested earlier.

Wow, the 0-58 is no different than 24-27 crowd is trying to again make that silly case. Wren again is very correct about the anti-Mason crowd that brings these matters up in backhanded ways any chance they get.

It sort of brings me back to some idiot fan that was profiled during the end of the Brewster clown show, who professed that he could never be a fan during the Mason era , but now was devoted fan because of the gasbag Brewster. I wonder if that RETARD (no PC here!) is still buying season tickets. I think Brewster was fired about two weeks after that guy got his 12 minutes of fame blathering on.

Under Mason, we as Gopher fans always knew there was a very could chance the team would compete and win. Under Brewster, forget it, and now under JK slowly is making the former situation possible again, possibly with better, and and consistent results due to the strong defensive foundation. The Syracuse loss did not help at all, though.

The Beating Iowa or Wisc next year will more than make it up to everyone though if TCU is beat , and they go into OSU at 8-1 with only a loss at Michigan.

People seem to forget that last year Kill pushed this team to 8-2 going into games against two very tough teams that Minnestoa hung with, but lacked the firepower to get over the hump against. The Michigan State road effort was especially impressive.

I expect 8-1 or 9-0 since Michigan is due a loss to us, and I think Michigan is suspect.

Top Bottom