Gophers vs Iowa Wresting --- In Kinnick -- Same Day as Primetime Kickoff...????

NNerland

Reaction score
https://trove.com/a/IOWA-WRESTLING-...1438136502&utm_source=sns&utm_campaign=hosted

Iowa cousin text me this -- will be interesting. The article talks about a big announcement coming up that involves 11-14-15 and a football field...tweet from Iowa Wrestling. Suggestions are an outdoor dual at Kinnick during the day as a prelude to the night time football game. Not sure logistics or timeline or opponent, but as I told my cousin the only thing that makes sense is the Gophers. Otherwise they are basically stating that a wrestling meet is larger than their big rivalry game.

Would be great to have a Gopher Sweep......

Sounds like announcement is in the next week or so.....

Outdoor wrestling in mid-November? What could go wrong?

Iowa’s Big Ten Conference schedule has already been determined — and Iowa vs. Minnesota is already set for Jan. 30 — so the outdoor opponent is likely a nonconference foe. Brands has previously confirmed to Hawk Central that Iowa would host Oklahoma State, a program with 34 national wrestling championships, on this year’s schedule. A call to Cowboys coach John Smith’s cellphone was not answered Wednesday.

Minnesota coach J Robinson said Iowa did not approach his program about the possibility of a Nov. 14 Hawkeye-Gopher doubleheader at Kinnick Stadium. The Gophers are scheduled to wrestle the following day at the Northeast Duals in New York.

Robinson said he first heard about Iowa's plans Tuesday from his director of camp operations, Ty Eustice, a former Hawkeye whose brother, Luke, is Iowa's director of wrestling operations.

“I commend them for doing it,” Robinson said. “I think what they’re doing is great. I think it’s super positive and I applaud them for doing it. We’ve been thinking about doing it for years. It’s good from their standpoint.”

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/iowa/wrestling/2015/07/29/kinnick-stadium-hawkeyes-wrestling-dual-november/30840561/

I'd pay to see J and the boys spank the Monkey-brother's Squawkeyes!! That would be an awesome double-header!

what?????

are they talking about wrestling outside in the middle of November? They have to have the match inside, I can't believe anyone would allow a wrestling match in November outside.

Top Bottom