Gophers vs Badgers

I just love how one day we can seem unbeatable, then the next day be worst than a rec league team.

Recently? Qpac, BU, some others. I don't know how you can say the Gophers are a consistent team. Sure they win a lot but they have had a bad night in at least 8 or more series this year.

Other teams down the rankings are probably more consistent too. It's just that they aren't as good.

Last edited:

I can say that the best evaluator of a teams total picture is the pair wise, where we rank #1. I didn’t say we’re totally consistent, but we’re as consistent as anyone else out there more or less.

QU is 7-2 in the last 9. Mn is 6-2-1 in the last 9. BU is 7-2 in their last 9. Pretty close if you ask me. But hey, the sky is always falling for the usual suspects around here.

Well, 7 is more than 6.

And if you want to choose 9 games for some reason, Michigan is 8-1. Best team in the country right now.

Too much sugar coating...that was a brutal loss to a bad team. Sky isn't falling, but now isn't the time to be reading our press clippings either.
Spot on. A team that all but has the conference title clinched with 4 games to play and is sitting at first in the nation in the pairwise has had enough good nights that we shouldn't panic over one loss. But, especially given that the BTT and NCAA titles are awarded after single elimination tournaments, it's concerning to see a team this good have an bad enough off night to lose to a team this bad. I didn't look up the scores, but if memory serves, both of our last two NCAA tournament runs ended when we laid and egg.

Plus, playing this poorly against our bitter border rival (who sucks by the way), leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
This is true for sure. I am hoping that was just a funk. Friday night wasn't too good either by the way... we just scored more goals than they did. This weekend did not fill me full of confidence but I am hoping it was the last clunker weekend before a run through the NCAA's. We shall see. We are still # in PW rankings.

And the ultra consistent BU loses to lowly BC tonight, after losing last week to bubble team Northeastern.

And the ultra consistent BU loses to lowly BC tonight, after losing last week to bubble team Northeastern.
And... Michigan lost to OSU in a shootout last night. Not very consistent. It will be really interesting to see how the Gophers fare this weekend. I will be thrilled with a sweep obviously, and will be sort of okay with a split, as long as the effort is there.. Obviously won't be at all happy with two losses. It's funny... any knowledgeable person when it comes to college hockey will say... "almost any team can bet any other in the league on any night." When it happens to other teams, it is expected. When it happens to your own team, it's "inconsistency."

And... Michigan lost to OSU in a shootout last night. Not very consistent. It will be really interesting to see how the Gophers fare this weekend. I will be thrilled with a sweep obviously, and will be sort of okay with a split, as long as the effort is there.. Obviously won't be at all happy with two losses. It's funny... any knowledgeable person when it comes to college hockey will say... "almost any team can bet any other in the league on any night." When it happens to other teams, it is expected. When it happens to your own team, it's "inconsistency."
We suffer from the same thing that Ohio State football fans and Kentucky basketball fans do. It's great to have an elite program, but it does make some people crazy unrealistic. I'm pretty sure we are the only team in the country not to get swept so far this year, how's that for consistency?

People realize consistency is more than just the wins and losses, right? Talking about how in half the games the Gophers are obvious best team in the country and in the other half they look like bubble or even worse in some cases.

Anyways, let's see what they do in the next 4.

If you think we've looked like a bubble team in half our games I don't know what to tell you. We play one of the hardest schedules in the country so yeah not every game is going to look flawless.

If you think we've looked like a bubble team in half our games I don't know what to tell you. We play one of the hardest schedules in the country so yeah not every game is going to look flawless.
You know bubble teams are still pretty decent at hockey, right? 4th seeds can win the title.

You know bubble teams are still pretty decent at hockey, right? 4th seeds can win the title.
So... in one post you basically say that the Gophs look so bad on some nights they appear to be a bubble team. In your next post you indicate that bubble teams play very good hockey. Which is it? Do we suck a lot or only a little?

Good win last night. Expecting a close one tonight.

Top Bottom