Gophers versus Nebraska at Williams Arena on Wed. - Who You Picking?

Huskers by 11.

I think the Gophers , behind Garcia's career game, played their very best against OSU and still lost by 10. I don't think they play nearly as well tonight.

Huskers are favored by 2 per BetOnline.

Huskers by 11.

I think the Gophers , behind Garcia's career game, played their very best against OSU and still lost by 10. I don't think they play nearly as well tonight.

They might have played their best for 30.5 minutes of the game but they were outscored by 23-8 in the other 9.5 minutes that represented two stretches at the beginning of the halves.

Gophers need this game. Things are obviously really ugly right now, but a loss to Nebraska at home to start the B1G 0-2 and I think you have to really start worrying about kids quitting. A loss to Nebraska on December 6 and then we don't play another real team until visiting Michigan on January 4. Kids spend a month knowing they are 0-4 against the only real competition they've faced and that their future is likely up in the air in March anyway? The good (or bad depending on how you look at it) thing is I don't think many of our players could get a high major scholarship offer if they decided to transfer at the end of the semester.
Regardless of what happens tonight, most competitive athletes aren’t as fragile as your premise in my experience and these types of posts are often written by those who never played competitively in HS.

Here's the numbers dive into tonight's game.

Neb allows (forces?) teams to take a LOT of 3's, 40.1% of opposing shots, but teams are only making 28% of them (except Creighton 14-40 3PFG, 35%).

Neb takes a LOT of 3's, 45.4% of their shots, but makes only 32%

Neb, like MN tries to get teams shooting inside the arc farther 2's with similar acceptable numbers.

Neb defends closer 2's poorly, and is unable to finish close 2's offensively. Ex: Neb allows teams to shoot 61% make from close 2's, while MN allows only 50%. Offensively, Neb only takes 31% of their shots as close 2's (MN 39%), and only makes 61% at that range, while MN makes 69% close 2's.

MN is 30/30 on dunks, while Neb is 13/14.

Like MN, Neb doesn't force turnovers as both teams are in the #280ish rank. However, Neb doesn't turnover nearly as much as MN thus far--14% of Neb possessions vs 20% MN.

Neither teams foul much, limiting opp. FT attempts.

Thus, Captain Obvious says that MN needs to do what they do pretty well and score close 2's/dunks (ball movement/assists/rebounds), while someone has to get a hot hand taking and making 3's as advertised in preseason! MN has 4 potential shooters and Neb allows 3's. Don't turn the ball over backcourt!

Great post by Split D!
Well, at least based on facts instead of fictitious mid season CBJ firing, mass player exodus rumours, self hate, and profound hopelessness. This team is going to be way more competitive in conf. than last year (Hah!), and the trajectory for next year will be better yet. Building from this low won't happen instantly. CBJ has had terrible luck w/injuries, and UM seemingly disinterested in NIL until this year has really hurt us. Don't want to repeat history by pulling the plug for a shiny object only to get hosed by a new culture again.

Which Gopher squad will show up tonight? Not just the first half but the whole game.

I feel that the guys understand how important this game is if they want to stay out of the bottom of the BIG

Gophers by 11.

I am feeling like there isn't enough copium to pretend this team is any good...

If you had told me that Spaulding had been one of the more optimistic predictions for the game I would've been shocked. We just need ya to channel that energy every game and keep predicting gopher wins. Was at the game last night and the energy shift from the first to second half was absurd. Keep winning and keep getting fans to the games. They can make a difference.

Top Bottom