Gophers tied for 100th place in recruiting??!!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

Schools who win more games have their recruits ranked higher. Don't believe me? Watch how a 3 star player magicly become a 4 star player in February when one of the big boys decides to fill the bottom of their roster with the PRIZE recruit of a mid major, that player is quickly elevated a star.

Point? Win games and you will have higher ranked recruits.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

Schools who win more games have their recruits ranked higher. Don't believe me? Watch how a 3 star player magicly become a 4 star player in February when one of the big boys decides to fill the bottom of their roster with the PRIZE recruit of a mid major, that player is quickly elevated a star.

Point? Win games and you will have higher ranked recruits.

Even better? Really win a lot of games and don't recruit but select.

I like the class so far. I would like to see more offensive linemen. I never want to see a class with less than 3 linemen signed up. Too many injuries.

Has there even been an actual example of this phenomenon? I think this is a giant myth.

There are tons of examples of guys stars not being that high despite having committed to big schools with other big offers. Let's take a look at some of Notre Dame's commits:

Devin Butler - 3* - Committed in April. Also had offers to Michigan, MSU, PSU, and Nebraska
Michael Deeb - 3* - Committed in June. Also had offers to FSU and PSU
Jamel James - 3* - Committed in July. Also had offers to LSU, FSU and USC
Colin McGovern - 3* - Committed in March. Also had offers to Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, and Nebraska

Rivals has had months to up their ratings based on their offer list and committed school, what are they waiting on?

I'd like to see examples of this because I don't think it is true. I do think that players who are offered early by the helmet schools are more likely to be rated higher on their early star rankings, but I just don't see the wholesale 4* upgrade just before signing day.

I like the class so far. I would like to see more offensive linemen. I never want to see a class with less than 3 linemen signed up. Too many injuries.

I still think they end up with 1 more come signing day, possibly Zack Ziemer. Next year they are in a good position to get 2 top guys in C. Mayes and Ragnow.

For those of you looking for something more granular than 2 - 5 stars, I'd suggest 247. Not only do they give kids a 70 - 100 rating, but they actually publish a composite score from the 4 biggest recruiting services (Scout, Rivals, 247, ESPN.)

I think that for the class rankings they should take your average rating and multiply it by the number of commits you have and then divide by the number of scholarships you have.

If they did that all the SEC teams would be way above all the B1G because they oversign so badly.

If they did that all the SEC teams would be way above all the B1G because they oversign so badly.

That's a good point. A&M's class right now has 34 kids in it. They could cap it at a factor of 1, though.

Top Bottom