Gophers Ticket office is making an effort to sell tickets for what it's worth

Triple D

Reaction score
I received a call from someone with the Gophers Athletic Office introducing himself and informing me that he had been assigned as my Gophers ticket representative. He invited me down to meet him, tour the Stadium and locker room and show me what seats were available for upcoming football games.

I have never been a season ticket holder. I'm not really sure how they got my name, it's either because I am an Alum or because I bought a large group ticket package (8 tickets) to the Wisconsin game last year, which is my guess.

Just thought I'd give them some credit for making an effort.

Has anyone else received a similar call?

Glad to hear it. This isn't a cure, but it's a step in the right direction. This is the sort of thing you'd expect to see in a a professional ticket sales program.

FWIW I recently called the ticket office to inquire about season tickets for two friends of mine. The representative I spoke with helped me with all of the info I needed then also gave me his name, direct phone number and asked if he could call me back in a few days to check in.

I've called in past years and never had anyone offer a direct line or to call me back. In fact, I've asked to call someone back specifically and been told to just call the main number.

Sounds like they might be running a business now!!

There are a billion threads and opinions flowing around about all of this right now. For me, all ideas help but it really comes down to two items, either one of which will shorten the curve to a full stadium:

1. Win Big
2. Go "Madison" with tailgating rules. Allow individual businesses and home owners to sell parking AND tailgating spots.

One of these two things may be enough. Getting both is a slam dunk to attracting 50,805 fans every week and perhaps even legit talk of stadium expansion.

I received a call from someone with the Gophers Athletic Office introducing himself and informing me that he had been assigned as my Gophers ticket representative. He invited me down to meet him, tour the Stadium and locker room and show me what seats were available for upcoming football games.

I have never been a season ticket holder. I'm not really sure how they got my name, it's either because I am an Alum or because I bought a large group ticket package (8 tickets) to the Wisconsin game last year, which is my guess.

Just thought I'd give them some credit for making an effort.

Has anyone else received a similar call?

So, are you gonna bite? There is a seat ready for you. Come join us!

So, are you gonna bite? There is a seat ready for you. Come join us!

Yes I will bite, I am going to purchase 2 Pick-A-Pack tickets for my son and I, I'm thinking to the Western Michigan and NW games, and I get 2 free game of my choice (Syracuse) tickets for making a Countdown to Vegas Video, so I'll be seeing you often....already confirmed with a high school buddy that he renewed his tailgate spot and now we're getting excited for the season to start!!

Top Bottom