Gopher's Thursday Night opener will be lost nationally

BTN would cover the game? I didnt think they did non-conferences away games? Or maybe I am mistaken.

Does UNLV-Minnesota get put on the overflow BTN channel in favor of Indiana State and Indiana? Hoosiers improved last year, exciting QB returning from injury. Impressive recruiting class?

Oh well, game was moved to open at home and coexist with the state fair....no one was going to care nationally. Now, next year on Thursday against Eastern Illinois will be a different story....ABC? ESPN?

not that it would have been a marquis game anyways

Marquis_de_Sade_portrait.jpg

Does UNLV-Minnesota get put on the overflow BTN channel in favor of Indiana State and Indiana? Hoosiers improved last year, exciting QB returning from injury. Impressive recruiting class?

Oh well, game was moved to open at home and coexist with the state fair....no one was going to care nationally. Now, next year on Thursday against Eastern Illinois will be a different story....ABC? ESPN?

I'm assuming it will be shown regionally.

Yeah, if you're worrying about this game being on TV, I guess you're not planning to attend.

Most fans plan not to attend, so having TV access is important. If every fan planned to attend, we would need a stadium that holds 3 million or more. If that happens, I hope I am not in the top row outer deck, 2.3 miles from the field.

We're on the verge of becoming " America's Team" I felt a twinge of it in Houston. People f---ing like us! They like our colors, they like our mascot, they like the state. People love to see the underdog succeed; and man we've been "dogs" for 50 some years. You had to be in Houston to feel it. I felt it at the Galleria for the team luncheon. Several people came up to me and said. "We hope you win" I said: "Not a Tech fan"?, and most said: "Yes in part because they were Houston fans, but a couple of people said: " Because you always seem to be the underdogs,plus we saw the last time you guys were in the Rose Bowl, and Minnesota people seem so nice" Mark my words boys. I can smell it. We rattle off a 10-2, or an 11-1 in the next few years we will indeed be America's Team" !

Parski can. He will go to the Gopher game in the afternoon and the State Fair at night. He is dyslexic.

Hahahahahahaha! I actually burst out laughing at work as I read this. Nicely done Doc! :)

The level of concern/care about the State Fair still amazes me.

We're on the verge of becoming " America's Team" I felt a twinge of it in Houston. People f---ing like us! They like our colors, they like our mascot, they like the state. People love to see the underdog succeed; and man we've been "dogs" for 50 some years. You had to be in Houston to feel it. I felt it at the Galleria for the team luncheon. Several people came up to me and said. "We hope you win" I said: "Not a Tech fan"?, and most said: "Yes in part because they were Houston fans, but a couple of people said: " Because you always seem to be the underdogs,plus we saw the last time you guys were in the Rose Bowl, and Minnesota people seem so nice" Mark my words boys. I can smell it. We rattle off a 10-2, or an 11-1 in the next few years we will indeed be America's Team" !

Keep telling yourself that as you're making checkmarks under "wearing Gopher gear" and "wearing Vikings gear" on your clipboard at the next Potato Soup Luncheon at the Crosslake VFW.

Or, you could just quit huffing paint thinner.

Ruppy, you are a #1 seed in the to be created GopherHole PWST

What is the PWST? Preposterous Written Statement Tournament

You've written some doozies over the years but this is hands down the most bat$hit crazy thing I've read on this website in a really long time.

The level of concern/care about the State Fair still amazes me.
The only concern would be the parking situation at the fairgrounds. I'm not sure what's going to happen there, or if it will even be an issue.

What is the PWST? Preposterous Written Statement Tournament

You've written some doozies over the years but this is hands down the most bat$hit crazy thing I've read on this website in a really long time.

Spoken like a true closet Badger fan. Normy, you just don't know how to have fun!

Keep telling yourself that as you're making checkmarks under "wearing Gopher gear" and "wearing Vikings gear" on your clipboard at the next Potato Soup Luncheon at the Crosslake VFW.

Or, you could just quit huffing paint thinner.

Dippy, you would boo an Easter egg hunt. Is everything a " Debbie Downer" in your life.
I'd invite you up here for a round of golf, but I'm afraid after your first bad shot you would implode. BTW, your perception of me is pretty skewered. The only time I'm in Cross Lake is to play
hoops at the Community Center. In the summer it's to play golf at Crosswoods or passing through to golf Golden Eagle at Fifty Lakes. BTOK, I'll let you dream on broomstick cowboy.

Nor do you have the ability to be rational and or undramatic

Hey...cut me some slack. I'm making a prediction. People questioned my rationality when I picked Oregon State over Wisconsin. Dramatic?, certainly. Ever see an Irishman that wasn't? Jeepers, lighten up Francis.

The only concern would be the parking situation at the fairgrounds. I'm not sure what's going to happen there, or if it will even be an issue.

I should have been clearer. I am amazed that people care so much about the State Fair in general.

Top Bottom