Gophers target: Jacksonville St. transfer TE Jacob Jenkins

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
This is an interesting one to me. Doesn't have the size you would expect to see in a blocking TE and doesn't have much track record as a receiving TE. Obviously the coaches see something they like but on the surface it is a little harder to figure out what that is in this particular case.

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
This is an interesting one to me. Doesn't have the size you would expect to see in a blocking TE and doesn't have much track record as a receiving TE. Obviously the coaches see something they like but on the surface it is a little harder to figure out what that is in this particular case.
I was thinking the same thing. Not sure how this works.

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score
Why are they not showing his face? Is this the case of the "ain't"?
Click on the photos, which will take you to Twitter. Then click on the photos again, and the full size photos should pop up for you. He wearing a helmet and face shield in each photo—still can’t see his face. Looks like a strong, athletic kid, though. Strong legs and can add some weight. Our first relatively stocky FB/TE in a while?

Last edited:

hungan1

Reaction score
Click on the photos, which will take you to Twitter. Then click on the photos again, and the full size photos should pop up for you. He wearing a helmet and face shield in each photo—still can’t see his face. Looks like a strong, athletic kid, though. Strong legs and can add some weight. Our first relatively stocky FB/TE in a while?
I am the "ain't". :oops:

He looks like a Maxx Williams type physique-wise.

Last edited:

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Can't find any stats for him from last year.
If you go to the teams website you can find them. He only caught 3 balls in 2021 and 3 in 2020 so he has not been heavily involved in their passing game as a receiver. No clue what his blocking skills are like. Not 100% what the coaches see him as but must see something they like.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
I watched a portion of the FSU / Jacksonville State game on Youtube the other day. He looked to be a pretty decent blocker. He wasn't the longsnapper at Jacksonville State but his bio did talk about him being a longsnapper too.

Side note - Jermaine Johnson looked incredible. I really wish the Vikes had drafted him.

Boomtime

Reaction score
Perhaps he's being recruited to fair catch kickoffs at the 15 yard line?

Top Bottom