Gophers @ Sun Devils

This may be a dumb question, but how are you supposed to defend against the Michigan? Like what do you use? It seems fairly difficult to do in a way that doesn’t leave 80% of the net wide open

Fucking pathetic effort this whole weekend so far.

I despise ASU. Come out and bury them in the third. Hopefully we can chalk up the sloppy play to a west coast thanksgiving trip but we need to be way better than this.

5-4, now all four forward lines have gotten on the scoresheet. Now put them away.

Too cute by half trying to pass the puck behind the net. Bob is gonna skate the hell out of them when they get home. After his comments last night he is gonna be even more losses tonight.

Close not sharp tonight and he has also been hung out to dry a few times. ASU has no business being competitive with us, very disappointing regardless of how OT turns out.

OT loss. Pathetic effort this weekend.

Give SCSU the (meaningless) #1 spot come Monday.

Let’s hope this is a wake up call for the rest of the year. ASU is a joke of a program, no excuse for losing to them.

Have no idea what the hell LaCombe is doing there. You’re the last one back and you’re gonna try to play the boards vs the guy in the middle of the ice.

Let’s hope this is a wake up call for the rest of the year. ASU is a joke of a program, no excuse for losing to them.
The Gophers always have multiple bad effort losses every year. They don't wake up. They just Jekyll and Hyde. Just need to pray they don't do it in the tournament. Though I'd say the effort was poor against Mankato both times in the tournament... But Mankato was also just better on those nights.

Goaltending, as we expected, is a problem, too.

I watched the end of this game on PAC Insider and they're playing this off as a Program changing win. They did outplay the Gophers from the time I started watching but this has got to be effort changing hopefully for the Gophers.

I'm sick and tired of this Hockey team sleep walking through games and thinking all they need to do is show up to get a win.

Motzko said it would be allot different tonight and it was, at least from the ASU perspective.

The Gophers always have multiple bad effort losses every year. They don't wake up. They just Jekyll and Hyde. Just need to pray they don't do it in the tournament. Though I'd say the effort was poor against Mankato both times in the tournament... But Mankato was also just better on those nights.
Mankato was better. This year, I don’t think anyone is better than our best version. Denver and Michigan are equals.

I don’t think anyone is better than our best version. Denver and Michigan are equals.
The problem with a Jekyll and Hyde program is that best version doesn't show up often enough.

Not sure they are a joke. They took Duluth to overtime and lost early in the year and they also beat North Dakota. That said a sweep was the only acceptable result from the weekend.

Not sure they are a joke. They took Duluth to overtime and lost early in the year and they also beat North Dakota. That said a sweep was the only acceptable result from the weekend.
Neither of those teams is proving to be very good this year.

Duluth and UND aren’t that good this year. ASU fields a team of goons year after year, we should beat them in our sleep.

The problem with a Jekyll and Hyde program is that best version doesn't show up often enough.
I don’t disagree, but show me a team this year that hasn’t had some sort of Jekyll and Hyde to their game.

Not an excuse for this clunker of a weekend, just saying that issue is hardly unique to us.

Gophers vs top 16 in pairwise:
3-1 including two wins over the depleted UM team.

The teams we thought would be very good (UND, Mankato, OSU, Notre Dame) are not. A lot of improving needed.

Top Bottom