Gophers student tickets go on sale May 2nd

GopherLady

Reaction score
I like this - I think it's smart to do the bundles, and pretty much make people buy football tickets if they want to be guaranteed hockey and bball tickets.

Gold Package $258 (Savings of $30)
1 Football, 1 Men's Basketball, AND 1 Men's Hockey
Maroon Package $174 (Savings of $15)
1 Football, 1 Men's Basketball, OR 1 Men's Hockey
Individual Season Tickets
Football ($90): On Sale May 2nd
Men's Basketball ($99): On Sale Fall 2014 (depending on availability)
Men's Hockey ($99): On Sale Fall 2014 (depending on availability)

What happens if I buy them now but graduate in May? Will they deactivate the ticket?

I have had friends who claimed that they were able to just log in and buy student tickets even though they had graduated several years prior. I know this is the football board, but I'll give a warning to hoops/puck fans anyway. I tried to buy student hockey tickets last year in the fall at a time where in past years there had been many tickets still available, and they were sold out. Fortunately some more opened up later and I was able to grab a set. Just beware they might go quick.

If I were not finishing grad school I would be all over that 3 sport package, its a great deal. Instead I'll be buying my first big kid tickets.

What happens if I buy them now but graduate in May? Will they deactivate the ticket?

This is not an official answer from the U - but my personal opinion thinks it's a great idea. Unless they get some kind of card reader, you should be fine. I've always only had to show my U of MN ID, so make sure you have that.

Also, another tip for you kids graduating, go and get an extra ID right now. The date will be 2014, so will last you another 4-6 years, plus if you travel overseas you get student discounts, there are a bunch of perks. It's good to have a backup if you lose it too.

This is not an official answer from the U - but my personal opinion thinks it's a great idea. Unless they get some kind of card reader, you should be fine. I've always only had to show my U of MN ID, so make sure you have that.

Also, another tip for you kids graduating, go and get an extra ID right now. The date will be 2014, so will last you another 4-6 years, plus if you travel overseas you get student discounts, there are a bunch of perks. It's good to have a backup if you lose it too.

That's actually a brilliant idea. I didn't think about going to get a 2nd ID.

And I guess the worst case scenario is that I get a full refund on the ticket if they deem me not eligible to purchase a ticket. I may give it a go.

Getting a new ID would not work. When you pick up your tickets, you have to show your student ID. They take that ID and swipe it in the computer and it shows if you are an active student and how many credits you currently have. So, you need to be a currently enrolled student to PICK UP your tickets. If you order online, you would just be refunded once they find out you are no longer a student. This response is more towards bball and hockey since you pick those up during the semester.

Age of your ID does not matter. So dont waste money getting a new card.

Getting a new ID would not work. When you pick up your tickets, you have to show your student ID. They take that ID and swipe it in the computer and it shows if you are an active student and how many credits you currently have. So, you need to be a currently enrolled student to PICK UP your tickets. If you order online, you would just be refunded once they find out you are no longer a student. This response is more towards bball and hockey since you pick those up during the semester.

My ID has not been scanned the last couple years that I picked them up.

My idea was actually more to have an ID for many more years, for anything they need.

My ID has not been scanned the last couple years that I picked them up.

If this is the case, no issue - but you can for sure just show a student ID on gameday to use tickets, unless they get card readers at the gate.

Bottom line is, with a 1/2 full student section, I really don't think they should be too strict on students. As long as all active students get a ticket, why not let recent grads fill the rest of the student section? But this is a battle I'm done fighting...if the U is happy with 6K out of a possible 10K in the student section, that's fine.

I can't confirm anything about buying student season tickets, but I know for a fact that, at least last season, you could buy single game tickets with your U of M ID online even if you had graduated several years ago. Knew several people that did this last year. You just print out the tickets online. The only place you need to show your U Card is when you enter the student section. But they only glance at it and definitely don't scan it.

Another hidden nugget: you can buy multiple single game student tickets with one student ID. Even if you already have a student season ticket.

Top Bottom