Gophers' Spring Practice Schedule Announced

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

University of Minnesota football coach Jerry Kill has announced that the Gophers’ 15 spring practices will once again be open to the public. This is the fourth straight year that coach Kill has opened spring practice to the public and media.

Minnesota Football Spring Practice Dates
March 4, 4 p.m. – Practice, Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
March 6, 4 p.m. – Practice, Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
March 8, 11:20 a.m. – Practice, Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
March 9, 11:20 a.m. – Practice, Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
March 11, 4 p.m. – Practice, Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
March 13, 4 p.m. – Practice, Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
March 25, 4 p.m. – Practice, Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
March 27, 4 p.m. – Practice, Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
March 29, 11:20 a.m. – Practice, Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
April 1, 4 p.m. – Practice, Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
April 3, 4 p.m. – Practice, Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
April 5, 11:20 a.m. – Practice, Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
April 8, 4 p.m. – Practice, Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
April 11, 4 p.m. – Practice, Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
April 12, 1:30 p.m. – Spring Game, TCF Bank Stadium

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/022514aab.html

Go Gophers!!

What are the chances there is snow on the ground April 12th? Last year it snowed on May 1st and the snow on the ground now is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are the chances there is snow on the ground April 12th? Last year it snowed on May 1st and the snow on the ground now is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Man, I wish we had some type of a heated field.

Trying to plan my Sat practice/auto show day. How long does practice last?

Trying to plan my Sat practice/auto show day. How long does practice last?

Usually around 2 hours or so but if you need to leave early that is not a problem. If you need to come late being there an hour or even less is still an enjoyable experience. There are two caveats about practices that might effect the times. The first is that there is a warm up period. I am not sure if the start time published is after the warm ups or is the start of the warm ups. The second is that I don't know if the length of a Saturday practices are different. I been to both Saturday and week day practices and Saturday seemed a little longer. That may because I stayed longer.

Do they hand out a roster with player's numbers?

There is a "Print Friendly" button on the bottom.

Thanks! I guess I didn't scroll far enough.

Maybe my eyes were distracted from seeing that they no longer have Bill Miller listed with the coaches, but still have Mike Sherels old title assigned to him.

It must be because of the warm weather predicted for Sunday. All the fans on the home side asked that it be canceled because of fear of heat strokes.

Hahahaha! Well done! :clap:

They also plan on leaving earlier than there normal '2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter exit' to enjoy the exceptionally warm weather and beat the traffic.

Updated: NO PRACTICE this Sunday. Will be rescheduled.

Fun experience today. I did not see the note about the cancelation today. I go down there and the door is locked at the Nagurski building at 11:05, odd, but maybe doors don't open until closer to 11:20, I think. So, I walk down to the Bierman entrance and after looking at the trophy case, I walk across the skyway back to the football complex. Odd, still no sign of anything going on. I'm standing there alone looking at the historical plaques on the ground floor and I hear a guy say "Hi there." I turn around and it was Jerry Kill on his way upstairs. I'm a little dumbfounded, and I ask if there is no practice today. He apologizes and told me it was canceled and said he was sorry I made the trip down for nothing. I said no worries, I live fairly close.

He is a great guy, and he looks great, he must be sticking with that better nutrition plan.

Fun experience today. I did not see the note about the cancelation today. I go down there and the door is locked at the Nagurski building at 11:05, odd, but maybe doors don't open until closer to 11:20, I think. So, I walk down to the Bierman entrance and after looking at the trophy case, I walk across the skyway back to the football complex. Odd, still no sign of anything going on. I'm standing there alone looking at the historical plaques on the ground floor and I hear a guy say "Hi there." I turn around and it was Jerry Kill on his way upstairs. I'm a little dumbfounded, and I ask if there is no practice today. He apologizes and told me it was canceled and said he was sorry I made the trip down for nothing. I said no worries, I live fairly close.

He is a great guy, and he looks great, he must be sticking with that better nutrition plan.

Cool dude! It wasn't all for nothing then.

Sent from my MUCH i5 using Tapatalk

I assume practice is still on for 11:20 today. Has anyone heard otherwise?

I assume practice is still on for 11:20 today. Has anyone heard otherwise?

That should be correct. I am sure they want to start in the morning before the afternoon sun heats things up. I won't be able to make it today myself so please let's us know how the practice went. Have a good time!

Just found out I have a scheduling conflict and won't be able to make it to the spring game with my father this year like we have done every year. I'm thinking about taking him to this saturdays practice (april 5th) in place of taking him to the spring game. Never been to a practice, whats the etiquette? Show up early? Right at 11:20? Can we cheer if we some a good play? Which entrance is best to use and where are the best spots to watch? Will it be pretty crowded since its a saturday practice? Any help would be great. Will I see any of you guys there?

Just found out I have a scheduling conflict and won't be able to make it to the spring game with my father this year like we have done every year. I'm thinking about taking him to this saturdays practice (april 5th) in place of taking him to the spring game. Never been to a practice, whats the etiquette? Show up early? Right at 11:20? Can we cheer if we some a good play? Which entrance is best to use and where are the best spots to watch? Will it be pretty crowded since its a saturday practice? Any help would be great. Will I see any of you guys there?

It should be a great experience for the two of you. It might be a bit crowded on Saturday since it is indoors and there is not a lot of extra space. As far as the rules, you need to go to the Bierman building and sign in first. As far as the rules, in the past they have had copies of the rules at the sign in desk. You are welcomed to come or go anytime during the practice. The most important rules are no talking to the players, keep out of their way, and you need to be careful about what you tweet/e-mailing about players. Check the printed rules on this. Otherwise just enjoy yourselves and move around for the perimeter as space opens up or if you want to have another viewpoint.

Thanks for the info Killjoy!

I don't use twitter so tweeting about the players should not be a problem

Top Bottom