Gophers showing interest in Justin Cobbs' teammate

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ScoutHoops.com:

Richard Solomon picked up three inches to his frame during the off season. Now, the 6-foot-8 post prospect is receiving high major interest and is a prospect on the rise.

Richard Solomon, of Torrance (Calif.) Bishop Montgomery, has sprouted from 6-foot-5 last year to a slender, 6-foot-8 during his junior season. His recent growth, plus improvement on the court has led to increased attention from college programs.

“I gained about three inches,” Solomon said. “It’s really a factor now because it’s easier for me to get rebounds and block shots because I can elevate so high.”

Since last season, Solomon cited a number of improvements in his game. He said he’s spending extra time in the gym and it’s paying off.

“I think I’ve improved a lot,” he told Scout.com. “I’ve been staying after practice to work on free throws, lay ups and my shot. I’ve just been doing everything I could do to get better.”

“I think I block shots pretty well and I’m really active on the boards,” Solomon said. “I run the court well. I think there are a lot of things that I do well, but I think I can still do more.”

This year Solomon has had UCLA, Oregon State, Michigan and Minnesota swing by for games or practices to evaluate him. He’s also heard from Boston College and has scholarship offers from San Jose State and Montana State.

“I’ve had a few schools looking at me,” Solomon said. “It’s going real good actually.”

Despite being happy with how his recruitment is starting to develop, Solomon said he’s not fully happy with his game and plans to use the spring and summer to continue his development as a basketball player.

“You can always do better,” he said. “I think I’ve been alright so far, but I’m really trying to get better especially during the off season, so I can make it to the top.

Behind Solomon and future Minnesota guard Justin Cobb, the Knights are 24-3 and primed for a run in the upcoming playoffs.

Go Gophers!!

Yep, he is a 2010 prospect.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom