Gophers Roster Questions

GopherNation

Reaction score
I was looking over the Gopher roster and I see they have 17 guys on it, with 6 incoming freshman and red shirt freshman Dominique Dawkins.

- Who is likely to redshirt this year?
- Who isn't on scholarship?
- How many scholarships will we have available for next year?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but.....
As far as I know, that kid from grand rapids and Dawson will be practice players. Don't know about the guy from Latvia. Mo Walker, Eliason and Hollins and I think Chip Armelin are on scholarship. Chris Halverson can't play because he played at valpo last year.

I was looking over the Gopher roster and I see they have 17 guys on it, with 6 incoming freshman and red shirt freshman Dominique Dawkins.

- Who is likely to redshirt this year?
- Who isn't on scholarship?
- How many scholarships will we have available for next year?

Halvorsen is certain to redshirt (transfer). Osenieks is likely to redshirt (NCAA ruling).

Dawson, Halvorsen, and Stark are walk-ons. Allen is on football scholarship.

13 scholarships are available every year. Gophers lose 2 seniors and likely 1 more player.

Thanks for all the information. I am pretty excited for not only the new players, but the returning players! Lots of potential this year.

Gophers lose 2 seniors and likely 1 more player.
Any insight as to who this player is and why he would be leaving? Or is this just an assumption considering we're recruiting as if we have more than 2 schollies to give?

Any insight as to who this player is and why he would be leaving? Or is this just an assumption considering we're recruiting as if we have more than 2 schollies to give?

2 pro possibilities (Williams, Mbakwe). Or 1 of frosh may transfer (just guessing). They'll sign 3.

Many that have watched Maverick this summer have thought he was in over his head at this level. Time will tell. Perhaps Maverick will develop as the season progresses. I'm guessing he would be one candidate to consider other options if he does not show more than he has so far.

Top Bottom