Gophers Road Record In The Big Ten

Blizzard

Reaction score
As an afterthought on the predict the score thread -

Someone had commented that the good predict the scores ( scores ) were gone and I noticed this on a different website -

I do not bet on sports -

The Gophers were 4-8 on the road last season and have lost four straight and seven of eight at Iowa.

http://www.thespread.com/ncaa-baske...minnesoat-at-iowa-spread-odds-trends-mat.html

I had caught on the Mich/Indiana game last night that Michigan hadn't won in Indiana in quite a few years, kind of like the Gophers not winning at Illinois in whatever it is like 9 or 10 years ?!?

I'm hoping this is the year we can turn a few of those records around and win a couple of big road games that we're WAY overdue to win.

"kind of like the Gophers not winning at Illinois in whatever it is like 9 or 10 years"

Even included forfeited games, Minnesota has only won once in Champaign since February 1978 (1-26). If you pull out forfeited games, it's a 22-game losing streak in Assembly Hall for the Gophers that stretches back to before I was born.

If you want to talk about overdue road wins, the Gophers at Illinois is on the top of the list. All road wins are sweet in the Big 10, and Iowa would be one of the sweetest just because of the rivalry, but nothing would be better than going to Illinois this season and finally winning a game there.

You are not alone. The Badgers are 2-35 in their last 37 trips to Purdue.

Forget the road. We haven't beaten Illinois period, in about 9/10 years. Not there, not at the Barn, not in the Big Ten Tourney. How do droughts like that happen?

Winning on the road.......

in the Big Ten, is rarely accomplished by mediocre teams. I see Iowa is favored tonight and I'm not surprised. We've only played 1 on the road, against a so-so team and won by a roll on the rim at the buzzer.

We have to defend the 3 and rebound!

Top Bottom