• Poll closed .

Missed-layup

Junior Member, a Senior Mind
Reaction score
Here is the remaining Gophers Schedule with projected outcome
Current record: (13-8, 4-5 Big Ten)

Sat, Feb 06 @ Penn State (Gopher Loss)
Thu, Feb 11 Michigan (Gopher Win)
Sun, Feb 14 @ Northwestern (Gopher Loss)
Thu, Feb 18 Wisconsin (Gopher Loss)
Sun, Feb 21 Indiana (Gopher Win)
Wed, Feb 24 Purdue (Gopher Loss)
Sun, Feb 28 @ Illinois (Gopher Loss)
Thu, Mar 04 @ Michigan (Gopher Win)
Sun, Mar 07 Iowa (Gopher Win)
Big 10 Tournament

Projected Gophers Final record (17-13) = NIT Berth (likely 21-22 wins needed to make NCAA)
- Projected Big ten record (8-10)
- We need to go 8-1 to finish the season to get to 21 wins
- Key games: We will have to win at least all 4 of these games without losing any unexpected games to get to 21 wins:
- Wi at Home, Purdue at Home, Ill away, Michigan away

I don't like our chances. The Big ten tourney could help if we win 2-3 but it will be tough.

Are we going to see projections for the remainder of the year from you after each game?

NCAA last year, NIT this year.......Tubby regresses in year 3

I would think 20 wins would get us there, but if we don't have any big win against top teams, It will at least take 21 Wins...

The win against Ohio State was a very good win. Don't forget that Evan Turner played 38 minutes against us and put up very good numbers so that excuse doesn't exist. The Butler win will keep looking better as long as they beat Milwaukee today. We have opportunities against Wisconsin and Purdue as well to get a great win. I think we pull out one of those, but even if we don't I still think 20 wins puts us in a good position.

The win against Ohio State was a very good win. Don't forget that Evan Turner played 38 minutes against us and put up very good numbers so that excuse doesn't exist. The Butler win will keep looking better as long as they beat Milwaukee today. We have opportunities against Wisconsin and Purdue as well to get a great win. I think we pull out one of those, but even if we don't I still think 20 wins puts us in a good position.

I hope you are right. Even if that is the case, i still think we have our work cut out for us. I thnk if White might join the team we may have a chance, if not, we will end up with 17-18 wins.

I know I'm in the minority but I don't think the NIT is necessarily a bad thing. Lick our wounds and come back next year stronger. Nolen is out, the team would take time to find itself while playing do-or-die games in the Big Ten, our tournament life would probably be short.

Next Year
-Nolen will be back.
-Mbakwe will still play two years- a waste to bring him back and lose a half season of eligibility
-We'll lose some key guys but bring in good role players and maybe a star

The one player who may benefit the team this year and gain valuable collegiate playing time is White.

It's not the end of the world to go to the NIT. A good run there might help the younger players mature for the REAL tourney run two years from now.

I dont think that at home against Purdue or Wisky is "great". Good yes, but not great.

I generally try not to comment on polls like this one when the names of certain folks included in the polls are woefully misspelled. Having said that, everyone who keeps clamoring for White and Mbakwe to all of the sudden make some miraculous appearance need to get a bit of a grip. The team we saw today is the team that we're going to have the rest of the way, for better or worse.

MRJ

I generally try not to comment on polls like this one when the names of certain folks included in the polls are woefully misspelled. Having said that, everyone who keeps clamoring for White and Mbakwe to all of the sudden make some miraculous appearance need to get a bit of a grip. The team we saw today is the team that we're going to have the rest of the way, for better or worse.

Agreed.

+1

You projections again demonstrate the flaws in this team. We could lose every game from here on out. Or We could Win every game from here on out. This team is a pathetic reminder of the loss of White,Mbweke, and Nolan have hurt. Also, the lack of development of Iverson is puzzling and hurts this teams depth.

Top Bottom