Gophers receive commitment from Florida wide receiver Douglas Emilien

DanielHouse

Reaction score
The Gophers have received a commitment from Fort Lauderdale, Fla. wide receiver Douglas Emilien. He recently took a visit to campus on Nov. 29 and chose Minnesota over offers from Miami, Cincinnati, Virginia, West Virginia, LSU, Maryland and others, per 24/7 Sports. Emilien, a 6-foot-0, 172-pound wide receiver, ran a 4.74 40-yard dash, 4.19 shuttle and posted a 34-inch vertical, according to 24/7 Sports data.

Emilien was a deep threat and red zone target in the American Heritage High School offense. He posted 36 catches for 595 yards and 12 touchdowns in 2019. He is the 24th commitment in Minnesota’s 2020 recruiting class, which ranks No. 32 nationally, according to 24/7 rankings. Emilien is the fourth-ranked recruit among the Gophers' 2020 commits.

Here’s a look at his tape:

I’ll be sharing more details on all of the newest Gophers as early National Signing Day approaches!

Last edited:

Can we trade him in for a 4 star O or D Lineman? ;)

I like the moxie of the kid who both says "I am the Table" and also flies up from Ft Lauderdale and commits to Minnesota over Miami in a sleetstorm. Such is the state of Canes football, but still. He picked the real U.

Watch his tape. Does he seem too slow?
This. He's playing HS football in Florida and has multiple offers from ACC schools...and did I see an LSU in there? I know it seems slow, but I assume he'll be fine.

BTW, this kid seems like he's already a pretty elite route runner. Those fades down by the endzone look like TJ getting off the line and high pointing the ball. Pretty impressive.

Welcome! That shuttle time is elite and would have been the 3rd fastest at this year's NFL combine for wideouts. The young man is really quick. His vertical would be about 25th percentile of NFL ready talent. Strength and conditioning work can hopefully get the top speed up.

Top Bottom