Gophers receive a commitment from Turkish guard David Mutaf

Excited to see him develop. He is a top 200 prospect. Seen plenty of players with a lower ranking than that who did great things.

Give me Hoff2.0 (as long as we have a real point guard), and I’ll be happy.

What a pretty-looking shot. He really snaps the ball on his follow-through - textbook shooting form. Very excited to see him play this season.

On another note, I don't think we should read anything into where he's ranked as a prospect. European players are less accurately ranked as a whole due to being overseas. Mutaf is easily much closer to a top 100 prospect than a top 200 prospect.

What a pretty-looking shot. He really snaps the ball on his follow-through - textbook shooting form. Very excited to see him play this season.

On another note, I don't think we should read anything into where he's ranked as a prospect. European players are less accurately ranked as a whole due to being overseas. Mutaf is easily much closer to a top 100 prospect than a top 200 prospect.
For the most part I do not think fans should pay attention to rankings period. My sons have a database of coaches who have recruited players outside the top 150 that became all Americans, all conference, conference champions, final 4 starters and national champions and NBA playersyers making more than 10 million a year. The focus is on players that fit what you do and win big. Winning is the scoreboard.

Related to Mutaf enrolling and staying here as a student this fall, we need to hope the U doesn't go to online-only classes:

All the U has to do is have some of their programs meet in hybrid to do various simulations. Healthcare programs need to have their clinicals and simulations and those will need to be held within simulation rooms. Those simulations can be setup in smaller groups to mitigate risks. Expect the University to have these setup, which means they can argue that they aren't fully online.

All the U has to do is have some of their programs meet in hybrid to do various simulations. Healthcare programs need to have their clinicals and simulations and those will need to be held within simulation rooms. Those simulations can be setup in smaller groups to mitigate risks. Expect the University to have these setup, which means they can argue that they aren't fully online.
Spot on. Retired doctor buddy who now teaches med school students in sim-lab says the U has told him they are already having covid safety labs set up. That still does not mean sports and players are a full go. all up in the air. There AD's i know who feel like college football is less than 50-50 for fall and basketball could be later and will have a affect on internationals. Getting used to not knowing is tough on everyone, especially fans who can not do anything !

I see UC Berkley and others are already finding workarounds for their students as well. 1 credit in person courses etc. It was a stupid ruling by the Feds.

Top Bottom