Gophers receive a commitment from China Spring, Texas OLB D’Marion Alexander

'Slab' I don't know why he de-committed or assume anything, but when the kid originally committed he seemed sincere in his decision and spoke highly of the staff and his Coach spoke very highly of him not only as a player but as a person. When I read in his statement that he didn't plan on doing this at all I just thought and do believe it had to do with the extenuating circumstances that has taken place these past three weeks. How could it not. I live approximately 6 hours away and can only go by what I see on TV and read on the internet. And what has transpired up there is to me very frustrating as I know that there are really good people up there and nobody seems to be doing anything to help the situation calm down or get better. To lose three really good players in the last two weeks has hurt but, I have complete faith in Coach Fleck and his staff in turning this situation into positives.

It doesn't hurt at all to me. We don't know those three players are going to be really good and they will be replaced by three other players that we have no idea about as well.

Think positive. We are going to get an upgrade talent-wise.

It is interesting how some are able to take their own feelings about recent events and transport them into the mind of a young man thousands of miles away.

Quote per Dave Shama's Thursday 6/25/2020 column: "The Gophers have lost two defensive linemen who once made verbal commitments including D’Marion Alexander from Texas who backed out just this week. Burns said social justice issues happening in Minnesota this spring prompted the change in plans." I'll leave it at that. Kit

Last edited:

It is interesting how some are able to take their own feelings about recent events and transport them into the mind of a young man thousands of miles away.
And that only happens because... something I already think....;)

Yeah that's assuming....

Quote per Dave Shama's Thursday 6/25/2020 column: "The Gophers have lost two defensive linemen who once made verbal commitments including D’Marion Alexander from Texas who backed out just this week. Burns said social justice issues happening in Minnesota this spring prompted the change in plans." I'll leave it at that.

Quote per Dave Shama's Thursday 6/25/2020 column: "The Gophers have lost two defensive linemen who once made verbal commitments including D’Marion Alexander from Texas who backed out just this week. Burns said social justice issues happening in Minnesota this spring prompted the change in plans." I'll leave it at that.

That doesn't change if you were assuming or not.

You can assume and be right or wrong, but it's the same either way.

[

Quote per Dave Shama's Thursday 6/25/2020 column: "The Gophers have lost two defensive linemen who once made verbal commitments including D’Marion Alexander from Texas who backed out just this week. Burns said social justice issues happening in Minnesota this spring prompted the change in plans." I'll just leave it at that. Kit

Yeah that's assuming....
Quote per Dave Shama's Thursday 6/25/2020 column: "The Gophers have lost two defensive linemen who once made verbal commitments including D’Marion Alexander from Texas who backed out just this week. Burns said social justice issues happening in Minnesota this spring prompted the change in plans." I'll leave it at that. Kit

I’ll leave it at that, after I repost this a couple more times.

I’ll leave it at that, after I repost this a couple more times.

Also that still doesn’t prove your assumption was right. Even if the kid is saying publicly that was the reason, doesn’t mean that’s the truth.

It's not like Texas is some utopia. Enjoy

I assumed social unrest was the reason he decommitted. However he has not committed to anyone else it doesn't mean that Fleck can't go back and possibly win his trust in the City of Minneapolis.

I assumed social unrest was the reason he decommitted. However he has not committed to anyone else it doesn't mean that Fleck can't go back and possibly win his trust in the City of Minneapolis.
It's probably gonna be hard to win his trust again unless he is able to visit campus and the city. Which the NCAA still wont allow and just extended through the end of August.

It's probably gonna be hard to win his trust again unless he is able to visit campus and the city. Which the NCAA still wont allow and just extended through the end of August.
I'm just saying it is possibility he trusted Fleck once and like myself Fleck is a great salesperson. I'll take a great salesperson any day of the week if I need something done

I’m guessing the decommits have more to do with these guys commuting site unseen to a program and university.

I’m guessing the decommits have more to do with these guys commuting site unseen to a program and university.
That may be part of it, certainly, but do not underestimate the damage the George Floyd fiasco has done and is doing to the entire area. Images of out of control rioting and looting have been splattered all over the country (and world.) Parents and the individuals certainly would be concerned by this, especially those far away. I am sure PJ Fleck and staff have been working full time in damage control mode these last few weeks. We are very fortunate we have not had MORE decommitments. We just need some time to settle things down and we will be just fine. But I sure hate to lose those kids - they could have really helped us. Hopefully we will get some quality kids to replace them.

Exactly why would we doubt the kid.

Not saying we would or should doubt him. I’m saying it’s an easier reason than some others for everyone to digest. I find it interesting that he is now getting crystal balls to Kansas when it seemed like ASU was the main competition when he committed here.

Well I think it’s pretty clear Jackson left because he wanted a team to make a commitment to him as a QB. As for the other two, I think the fact that Minnesota is a long ways from home in Texas is a big factor. I don’t think most kids would admit to being scared of that type of distance, but I have to think it’s among the most common reasons.

Would be interesting to see if Regis and Alexander end up going to Texas. Seems strange that Regis didn’t jump at the offer already.

Would be interesting to see if Regis and Alexander end up going to Texas. Seems strange that Regis didn’t jump at the offer already.

maybe it isn’t a committable offer. They may be waiting to see if they get a higher ranked recruit before allowing him to commit

Alexander doesn’t have a Texas offer yet. I don’t mind losing him, honestly, but PJ needs to stop the bleeding. This is such a tough environment right now.

I also noticed that TCU is one of three schools listed as “warm.” There’s no evidence of negative recruiting, but I heard someone on their staff hates PJ.

The old ex coach is still bitter and he is going to have a short life if he doesn't overcome his bitterness.

Committing to a school far away from home without a visit, I can understand the anxiety and trepidation. The social unrest in Minneapolis adds to that.

Top Bottom