Gophers receive a commitment from China Spring, Texas OLB D’Marion Alexander

slow down Fleck, the NFL draft is tomorrow night, and Fleck is going to have this class filled in no time.

What the hell are we going to talk about for football?
That stars really do matter after all.

On a serious note, welcome to MN D'Marion. Great to have you rowin' in the boat. This class is lookin great, and having you be part of it is fantastic. :clap:

Nice to see we beat out Baylor, Texas Tech and TCU for a Texas kid. Welcome aboard!

Agreed. If programs in his backyard like Baylor, TT, and TCU all wanted him, I think we probably found ourselves a good player. Pretty absurd to question the guy because his high school team didn't do well.

Only 35 responses to getting a 4 star player? Have we gotten that spoiled in a few weeks?

I wouldn’t be surprised if all of the recent shootings played a role, in addition to everything else. This city is a mess right now.

I wouldn’t be surprised if all of the recent shootings played a role, in addition to everything else. This city is a mess right now.
Unfortunately I have to agree with you base on his wording.

In the words of Martin Luther King " can't we all just get along" I'm not for any cop killing any person regardless of race if it's not justified. But I also do not understand the the Looting that has happened around the country.

I always wonder if some of these decommits or transfers read these comments. Wouldn't surprise me if some still do for a little while at least. If so, good luck moving forward kid.

In the words of Martin Luther King " can't we all just get along" I'm not for any cop killing any person regardless of race if it's not justified. But I also do not understand the the Looting that has happened around the country.

As King said, a riot is the language of the unheard. On one hand, you’re aware of the issue and acknowledge it as a problem while on the other hand, find yourself surprised by the reaction? If you have to live with the reality of facing your mortality every time you come across a cop, is that something you’re going to accept? Can you wish, pray or ask nicely for necessary action to be taken to change that reality (we saw what that got King)? Though we fool ourselves into thinking that’s possible, that’s not how this country works. With that in mind, it’s important to separate the difference in groups when there’s unrest like this, there’s the peaceful protesters (that get villainized anyway), rioters (change by force see: burnt down police station) and looters (opportunists). I don’t condone any of the vandalism or arson but it was fascinating how swiftly the DA moved after that police station burned down wasn’t it? Once those in the city and country are faced with the same uncomfortable feeling those that fear cops deal with, change quickly happened.

As a people, we need to be asking WHY? more often in any aspect. Let’s move away from the talking points fed to us by the news network that suit our party affiliation and put ourselves in the shoes of those questioning the system, a particular issue or otherwise. Hear out what your annoying in law has to say. You don’t have to agree but It would likely lead to much more productive conversation with beneficial results I would hope. Lastly, let’s stop using King until we understand the context.

We have ripped off the old religious layer, the new one isn't working because it can't work.

Dang! I think this kid has a bright future and really thought PJ was a great fit for him!

I'm okay with it. I really want Townley and Montgomery anyways. Don't really need 4 DEs in this class.

I am excited to see the kids that want to play here come and play here.

The kid's post is vague enough so that it could mean almost anything. "Recent situations" could have something to do with his family. It might not have anything to do with events in the Twin cities.

and, if he thought the Twin Cities was not safe, why would he express his love for Minneapolis?

Alternative theory - the whole country is turning upside down, and he just wanted to stay closer to home and family.

Or - another school is going after him hard, and he might be changing his mind.

Don't assume the sky is falling unless something hits you on the head.

As King said, a riot is the language of the unheard. On one hand, you’re aware of the issue and acknowledge it as a problem while on the other hand, find yourself surprised by the reaction? If you have to live with the reality of facing your mortality every time you come across a cop, is that something you’re going to accept? Can you wish, pray or ask nicely for necessary action to be taken to change that reality (we saw what that got King)? Though we fool ourselves into thinking that’s possible, that’s not how this country works. With that in mind, it’s important to separate the difference in groups when there’s unrest like this, there’s the peaceful protesters (that get villainized anyway), rioters (change by force see: burnt down police station) and looters (opportunists). I don’t condone any of the vandalism or arson but it was fascinating how swiftly the DA moved after that police station burned down wasn’t it? Once those in the city and country are faced with the same uncomfortable feeling those that fear cops deal with, change quickly happened.

As a people, we need to be asking WHY? more often in any aspect. Let’s move away from the talking points fed to us by the news network that suit our party affiliation and put ourselves in the shoes of those questioning the system, a particular issue or otherwise. Hear out what your annoying in law has to say. You don’t have to agree but It would likely lead to much more productive conversation with beneficial results I would hope. Lastly, let’s stop using King until we understand the context.

It is absolutely not fascinating that charges came after the police station burned down.

Charges were coming that Friday regardless of Minneapolis letting it city get destroyed. I'm sure there are some rioters think their destructive rain dance inspired the charges, but they are completely lost.

Lastly, it's also important to note that while there were 2/3 different groups and we should talk about them differently, that goes both ways. Being appalled by the rioters doesn't mean you support police brutality.

As to you last point, the why? I honestly don't think we're ready to have that conversation.

Bummer. Best of luck to you young man.

Just glad that it wasn’t a ⭐⭐⭐⭐️ commit that left us ?

We just lost a good one and not just a player but person also. His statement said it all: "I didn't plan on doing this at all but due to recent situations I am decommitting." You can lay this right into the lap of Chauvin, the "Weak Kneed" Mpls. Mayor Frey, Lisa Bender and City Counsel members, and the 'don't offend anyone Governor Walz'. The 113 shootings since June 7th don't help either. If you were a parent what would you say?? Better yet, take a drive up to North Mpls. around 9 pm and take a walk around the neighborhood and let us know how things are going.

Better yet, take a drive up to North Mpls. around 9 pm and take a walk around the neighborhood and let us know how things are going.
Don't come here please. We have enough to worry about without more people adding to the trouble.

Let's move forward to the next man up. Kids who are going to leave are going to leave. Look ahead.

Gopher Recruiting will bounce back.

Let's move forward to the next man up. Kids who are going to leave are going to leave. Look ahead.

Gopher Recruiting will bounce back.
You're right. We've been a little spoiled and then we panic when the going gets a little rough. I have faith in Fleck who will keep the ship going.

We just lost a good one and not just a player but person also. His statement said it all: "I didn't plan on doing this at all but due to recent situations I am decommitting." You can lay this right into the lap of Chauvin, the "Weak Kneed" Mpls. Mayor Frey, Lisa Bender and City Counsel members, and the 'don't offend anyone Governor Walz'. The 113 shootings since June 7th don't help either. If you were a parent what would you say?? Better yet, take a drive up to North Mpls. around 9 pm and take a walk around the neighborhood and let us know how things are going.
You know that's why this guy decommited or do you assume this guy feels the same way you do about these other topics?

You know that's why this guy decommited or do you assume this guy feels the same way you do about these other topics?
'Slab' I don't know why he de-committed or assume anything, but when the kid originally committed he seemed sincere in his decision and spoke highly of the staff and his Coach spoke very highly of him not only as a player but as a person. When I read in his statement that he didn't plan on doing this at all I just thought and do believe it had to do with the extenuating circumstances that has taken place these past three weeks. How could it not. I live approximately 6 hours away and can only go by what I see on TV and read on the internet. And what has transpired up there is to me very frustrating as I know that there are really good people up there and nobody seems to be doing anything to help the situation calm down or get better. To lose three really good players in the last two weeks has hurt but, I have complete faith in Coach Fleck and his staff in turning this situation into positives.

Last edited:

'Slab' I don't know why he de-committed or assume anything, but when the kid originally committed he seemed sincere in his decision and spoke highly of the staff and his Coach spoke very highly of him not only as a player but as a person. When I read in his statement that he didn't plan on doing this at all I just thought and do believe it had to do with the extenuating circumstances that has taken place these past three weeks. How could it not. I live approximately 6 hours away and can only go by what I see on TV and read on the internet. And what has transpired up there is to me very frustrating as I know that there are really good people up there and nobody seems to be doing anything to help the situation calm down or get better. To lose three really good players in the last two weeks has hurt but, I have complete faith in Coach Fleck and his staff in turning this situation into positives.
Yeah that's assuming....

Top Bottom