Gophers ranked 4th in returning offensive talent

Gopher315

Reaction score
I've posted links to a couple of these rankings, but today they have a feature about the top returning offensive talent. Gophers are 4th and the article mentions they were close to third. Love the attention the Gophers are getting. Could be a dynamite offensive season.

1) Ohio State (9 players ranked in Top 25 Returning Players by position)

2) Alabama (6 players ranked in Top 25)

3) Clemson (4 players ranked in Top 25)

4) Minnesota (6 players ranked in Top 25)

5) Georgia (5 players ranked in Top 25)

---------------------

That's impressive company we're in. Rare air for the Gophers!

Wow. That is elite company to be in. I didn't realize that Schmitz was that highly regarded.

1) Ohio State (9 players ranked in Top 25 Returning Players by position)

2) Alabama (6 players ranked in Top 25)

3) Clemson (4 players ranked in Top 25)

4) Minnesota (6 players ranked in Top 25)

5) Georgia (5 players ranked in Top 25)

---------------------

That's impressive company we're in. Rare air for the Gophers!

I am glad they are getting the national recognition. Beating teams like Penn State and Auburn loaded with talent is a testament as to how far the program have moved forward under PJ Fleck. Minnesota is a solid developmental program maximizing the potential of the players they have.

They are going to be putting a lot of players into NFL.

Imagine what they can do as they start attracting 4-Star players.

Tanner Morgan's freshman spring game was a major disappointment. I thought he would be lucky to get any playing time. Of course he got beat out his RSF year and perhaps would not have started this last year. But look at him now. That is coaching and that is player development and hats off to Tanner.

As a Georgia fan, I'm shocked at how the Dawgs are ranked 5th in that poll. They lost their QB, RB and four OL. Bringing in a grad transfer QB - but does that factor into the equation?

Surprised Penn State isn't higher given they return a lot of the skill guys aside from Hamler. Otherwise, a lot of the teams ranked in your typical preseason rankings are losing a lot (Oregon, Oklahoma, LSU, Bama, Florida, etc.)

I would argue a lot of these guys were 4 star players on the Gophers board.

Top Bottom