Gophers ranked 25th in latest AP poll

Rankings right now are pointless, besides there’s about 5-6 teams who really wouldn’t be there in normal years. I think Gophers should be between 15-18 in rankings

I think I read that 10 voters included 0 big ten teams in their rankings

I would guess the Bateman news got us back in. Our offense could be great or maybe more accurately should be great but we did make the decision to bring in a new offensive coordinator. Are we better or all messed up?
The defense is very unproven without almost all of its playmakers and leaders from last year.
It’s cool we are rated but should we really be?
PJ’s philosophy says last year has nothing to do with this year.
But Dang, I really hope we beat Michigan and roll from there....somehow.

I would guess the Bateman news got us back in. Our offense could be great or maybe more accurately should be great but we did make the decision to bring in a new offensive coordinator. Are we better or all messed up?
The defense is very unproven without almost all of its playmakers and leaders from last year.
It’s cool we are rated but should we really be?
PJ’s philosophy says last year has nothing to do with this year.
But Dang, I really hope we beat Michigan and roll from there....somehow.

We were right outside prior to that. A few teams lost ahead of us. Remember....we were 18th in the preseason poll.

OU...oof. from 3rd two weeks ago to 20 votes.

People probably think this is the worst OU team in a long time, losing to K-State and Iowa State.

Iowa State still has road games at Okla State and Texas. K-State has a road game at TCU, and at home for Okla State and Texas.

Big XII will be interesting to watch this year. Unless Okla State can go undefeated, they're probably out of the CFP.

The Gophers are undefeated at this point. Pollsters are cool on the Gophers right now. Beating Michigan is the catalyst. I'm very much looking forward to this first game. If the Gophers can pull out a win, that will open more eyes. RTB!

I think I read that 10 voters included 0 big ten teams in their rankings
I agree with this sentiment. It is not a preseason poll at this point. If you aint playing right now you shouldn't be ranked.

I agree with this sentiment. It is not a preseason poll at this point. If you aint playing right now you shouldn't be ranked.
It probably should be the AP Top 15 until B1G and PAC 12 get going...;)

Top Bottom