Gophers rank 3rd in signing “chip” players—ahead of tOSU!

OK...speaking of potato chips and random stuff...do they still do grade school school trips? I'm pretty sure I toured the Old Dutch potato chip factory back in the day. Same year or maybe different year we went to the Taystee Bread factory and got about a four inch loaf of bread all packaged up...it was cool!

Seems like there must have been a couple others in my six years? I did advance to junior high!

Anybody else go on cool grade school trips? I remember those two but not so much any others.
Maybe Pearson's Salted Nut Rolls? There was a candy factory in the mix...maybe that was it.

Google says Taystee Bread closed up in 1991. Lotta you guys missed out. It was wow!
Big ass machines, long conveyors, some big fire big ovens. Lot of big eyed little kids!

OK...speaking of potato chips and random stuff...do they still do grade school school trips? I'm pretty sure I toured the Old Dutch potato chip factory back in the day. Same year or maybe different year we went to the Taystee Bread factory and got about a four inch loaf of bread all packaged up...it was cool!

Seems like there must have been a couple others in my six years? I did advance to junior high!

Anybody else go on cool grade school trips? I remember those two but not so much any others.
Maybe Pearson's Salted Nut Rolls? There was a candy factory in the mix...maybe that was it.

Google says Taystee Bread closed up in 1991. Lotta you guys missed out. It was wow!
Big ass machines, long conveyors, some big fire big ovens. Lot of big eyed little kids!
I went on a cool trip in third grade but I'm not from Minnesota. We went on a tour of the USS Constitution in Boston Harbor. The Guided Missile Cruiser Boston was in the next pier over.

Tonka factory...I think we each got a tiny Tonka truck at the end.

Lol, we went to the garbage incinerator plant in school. Glad we didn't get any giveaways.

Our HS finance class got to go on a field trip to the old Minneapolis Federal Reserve. One guy in the group said “stick ‘em up” to a guard in the lobby. After they wrestled him to the ground and cuffed him, they marched the rest of the class back on the bus and back to school.

My Vikings fan buddy from Proctor currently lives in Oak Creek (Milwaukee). Was there a few weeks ago. Toured the Miller Brewery. Had a few samples. I'm guessing inappropriate for grade schoolers.

Top Bottom