Gophers plus 8.5 vs Florida

This will certainly be a big upset if the Gophers find a way to win. But if they show up and play the way they are capable of playing anything can happen. If I were placing a bet on who will win I would put it on Florida but I can certainly see the Gophers winning this one if they play at a high level like they did last night.

If I were a betting man I would stay away from the Gophers with a 30 foot pole. We could win this one by 10 or we could lose by 30. You just don't know with this team.

If I were a betting man I would stay away from the Gophers with a 30 foot pole. We could win this one by 10 or we could lose by 30. You just don't know with this team.

+1 we will see Who comes to play that day!

The same goes for any of our Big Ten Teams. I never place money, either way, on Big Ten Teams in the Dance.

The seniors are playing with a sense of urgency. The entire team feels that. Tubby knows his job is on the line. This team is off the leash and it showed last night. It won't be a blowout. Florida is an excellent team. I actually have them in the final four in both my brackets. I don't give a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# about the brackets however. If the team we saw last night shows up.........look out gators.

GO GOPHERS!!!! SWEET SIXTEEN HERE WE COME!

I heard somewhere that Tubby is 14-10 against Donovan, but 0-7 since 2005.

It's a good thing that the gophers are undefeated against Florida then. I think school history trumps coach history from his previous school. I think.

The seniors are playing with a sense of urgency. The entire team feels that. Tubby knows his job is on the line. This team is off the leash and it showed last night. It won't be a blowout. Florida is an excellent team. I actually have them in the final four in both my brackets. I don't give a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# about the brackets however. If the team we saw last night shows up.........look out gators.

GO GOPHERS!!!! SWEET SIXTEEN HERE WE COME!

We didn't see the same thing. Seniors? Where was rodney? How many times did mbakwe's hands turn to stone. How proficient were either of them from the ftl? I think these two "leaders" are largely responsible for the jekyll / hyde nature of this team. In all fairness, i might have a problem playing for smith as well. Hoping for good things upcoming, but unable to expect much.

We didn't see the same thing. Seniors? Where was rodney? How many times did mbakwe's hands turn to stone. How proficient were either of them from the ftl? I think these two "leaders" are largely responsible for the jekyll / hyde nature of this team. In all fairness, i might have a problem playing for smith as well. Hoping for good things upcoming, but unable to expect much.

I guess Mbakwe did nothing yesterday. His 12 rebounds were worthless. Good thing we have great analysts like you around.

Glad Becky lost!

I guess Mbakwe did nothing yesterday. His 12 rebounds were worthless. Good thing we have great analysts like you around.
Gophers should win. Becky was crying in the locker room yesterday!:cry::clap:

stocker, you should know by now that the GH expert analysts see the pieces they want to see, become oblivious to the whole picture, and then make a judgement statement based on their selective observations. It happens all the time.

stocker, you should know by now that the GH expert analysts see the pieces they want to see, become oblivious to the whole picture, and then make a judgement statement based on their selective observations. It happens all the time.

+19

stockboy, you could have had 12 rebounds against UCLA with the way they floundered last night. Mbakwe was also tied for the lead in turnovers so the comment about the brick hands isn't completely illegitimate. Like many posters have said, we just have to sit back and watch this team and either shake our heads or pump our fists at their play. Jekyll and Hyde is a very appropriate description of the Gophers this season. The fact is that we beat UCLA very handily and neither Mbakwe nor Williams had their best games. That is a fist pump for the teams efforts and a shake your head at the individual efforts of the two seniors. Here's to hoping those two have monster games tomorrow.

Just saw that the score line is at 122.5 in most places. That seems awfully low considering these 2 teams.

He looked nervous. I thought UCLAs bigs out played him. He gave up rebounds ,couldn't catch the ball, and was falling down all over the place. Rodney did little. Not even sure if the two combined blocked a shot. The seniors looked like freshman and the underclassmen lead the way.

stockboy, you could have had 12 rebounds against UCLA with the way they floundered last night. Mbakwe was also tied for the lead in turnovers so the comment about the brick hands isn't completely illegitimate. Like many posters have said, we just have to sit back and watch this team and either shake our heads or pump our fists at their play. Jekyll and Hyde is a very appropriate description of the Gophers this season. The fact is that we beat UCLA very handily and neither Mbakwe nor Williams had their best games. That is a fist pump for the teams efforts and a shake your head at the individual efforts of the two seniors. Here's to hoping those two have monster games tomorrow.

He looked nervous. I thought UCLAs bigs out played him. He gave up rebounds ,couldn't catch the ball, and was falling down all over the place. Rodney did little. Not even sure if the two combined blocked a shot. The seniors looked like freshman and the underclassmen lead the way.

Did either of you watch the game? Doesn't seem like it based off your posts.

A lot of it depends on which Florida team shows up.

They've been lights out at times and lost to some bad teams at times as well.

A lot of it depends on which Florida team shows up.

They've been lights out at times and lost to some bad teams at times as well.

My UK Wilcats mangaged to beat Florida in Lexington but then turn around and lose to Vandy and Robert Morris in the NIT. Florida will shoot a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# load of 3's so I don't think we'll see a whole lot of zone because they shoot it well.

Patrick Young is a beast inside but it seems they don't run their offense through him when they probably should. Tubby lost his lost 6 games against Eddie Munster but 4 or maybe 5 of those were against the back to back national champion gators. Eddie Munster doesn't come up with many surprises, like Tubby using a zone last night most of the game. He plays his game. Before 2006, he was the king of a high seed and first round exit. I expect more of the same. I think the gophers win by 4 in a tough tough game. Florida is quick though so they need to defend with great intensity and focus.

My UK Wilcats mangaged to beat Florida in Lexington but then turn around and lose to Vandy and Robert Morris in the NIT. Florida will shoot a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# load of 3's so I don't think we'll see a whole lot of zone because they shoot it well.

Patrick Young is a beast inside but it seems they don't run their offense through him when they probably should. Tubby lost his lost 6 games against Eddie Munster but 4 or maybe 5 of those were against the back to back national champion gators. Eddie Munster doesn't come up with many surprises, like Tubby using a zone last night most of the game. He plays his game. Before 2006, he was the king of a high seed and first round exit. I expect more of the same. I think the gophers win by 4 in a tough tough game. Florida is quick though so they need to defend with great intensity and focus.

Agreed. Florida is a 3 point shooting team and if they are hot, look out. If they are cold you have the Alabama and Tennessee games. They never stop shooting threes.

Will be a fun game though regardless. Go Gophers!

Did either of you watch the game? Doesn't seem like it based off your posts.
It's funny we both had the same impression. Did you watch the game or just assume by the boxscore he played well?

It's funny we both had the same impression. Did you watch the game or just assume by the boxscore he played well?

The scorebook is the only factor to consider, according to our novices here. :banghead:

I watched the game. It wouldn't seem as though you did however. I agree about Rodney. He did very little. Trevor played well though.

Top Bottom