Gophers player opening eyes at spring practice: Deven Eastern

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Joe:

Deven Eastern may be planting seeds for major growth in 2024.

The former Shakopee High School football star is a redshirt junior and after starting all 13 games on Minnesota's defensive line in 2023 he appears ready to make some noise in 2024.

"He's gotten so much better. He's definitely made me improve a lot," said offensive lineman Greg Johnson after Tuesday's spring practice.

Go Gophers!!

D-Linemen take time to develop in college & pros. They are now prized possessions as a great aggressive D-Line raises all boats. Rotating players keeps them fresh & builds needed depth. Looking forward to his play & the D-Line's this season. "Let's Make Gopher Football Great Again."

D-Linemen take time to develop in college & pros. They are now prized possessions as a great aggressive D-Line raises all boats. Rotating players keeps them fresh & builds needed depth. Looking forward to his play & the D-Line's this season. "Let's Make Gopher Football Great Again."
200w.gif

Would love to see him break out and be a point on the line that consistently applies pressure on the backfield.

Would love to see him break out and be a point on the line that consistently applies pressure on the backfield.
Quickness and pressure up the middle from interior DL would make Joiner, Striggow and Smith better (less area for QB to step up in the pocket), and would take some pressure off our DBs and Safeties (decision/throw is rushed). It was amazing how the nature of the Illinois game shifted when interior DL Jer'Zhan Newton entered the game in the 2nd half after being suspended for the 1st half.

Just stop it with your slogan, it sucks.

I'm old-school. I'd love to see the Gophers have some real space-eater in the middle. a Pat Williams type for you Vikings fans. Just a big old beefy dude who can lock up the middle of the OL, keep the LB clear and create single-blocking on the edges.

I think the Gophers have some talent at DT, but I'd like to see a little more junk in the trunk.

everyone - cue Sir Mix A Lot. "I like big butts and I cannot lie...."

Top Bottom