Gophers played more games against Huskers than any Big Ten teams

I joke around with my friend who's a Corn Husker fan and tell him even if they beat us 9 straight years the series record will still only be even........that would put me at 61 years old! Please tell me that we won't lose 9 straight games to the "Bug Eaters"!

After a couple of tough years (this year and next) I'm guessing things will even out. Tom Osborne isn't the coach at Nebraska any more, and they aren't going to win ten games year in and year out like they used to. And the Gophers are going to be better now - my guess is they'll be good for 7-8 wins each year, like Northwestern is now.

Should be fun. :)

It's interesting that even though we haven't played Nebraska for 20 years, we've still played them more times (51) than three other Big 10 teams: Ohio State (50), Michigan State (43), and Penn State (12).

It's interesting that even though we haven't played Nebraska for 20 years, we've still played them more times (51) than three other Big 10 teams: Ohio State (50), Michigan State (43), and Penn State (12).

And since we will play them every year, no one will catch up.

I'm really hoping we can keep this rivalry close. I live in Sioux Falls and the Huskers are huge here, it will be hell if the Gophs get smoked.

I'm really hoping we can keep this rivalry close. I live in Sioux Falls and the Huskers are huge here, it will be hell if the Gophs get smoked.

What was it like after we lost to USD?

My wife is from Sioux Falls, so I still haven't heard the end of it.

What was it like after we lost to USD?

My wife is from Sioux Falls, so I still haven't heard the end of it.

It was pretty bad, the jobsite heckling was non-stop. There isn't a whole lot of USD die-hards in Sioux Falls so most of the crap I got was from SDSU, iowa, and Nebraska fans just making more fun of our suckiness. The worst part is my in-laws are from Yankton and are Yotes fans as Vermillion is only 30 miles away and Nebraska is only across the bridge. We need some big wins this year so I can give it back!

I bet you haven't, there isn't a ton of sports pride in South Dakota so that win for USD was a big one in the bragging department. I just landed a hotel in Fargo for this spring so we HAVE to beat the bison or I might have to stop wearing my "M" hat!

Unless the Big Ten Championship Game is OSU vs. Nebraska every year.

It's true, this is possible, OSU and Nebraska will only play each other 1 year out of 2, but they could catch up if they played in the championship game more often than 50% of them time. Not very likely though, but possible.

Unless the Big Ten Championship Game is OSU vs. Nebraska every year.

Nebraska and OSU have only met twice, in 1955 and 1956. It's highly unlikely that those two will ever play each other more times than MN and Nebraska.

Here's Nebraska's number of meetings for each Big 10 team:
Nebraska vs:
1. Minnesota (51)
2. Iowa (31)
3. Indiana (19)
4. Penn State (13)
5. Illinois (9)
6. Michigan (6)
7. Michigan State (5)
8. Wisconsin (5)
9. Northwestern (4)
10. Ohio State (2)
11. Purdue (1)

Can't wait. I am *so* pumped about Big Red to the Big Ten. To me there was not a better possible match, and I love the fact that they're in our division.

Nebraska and OSU have only met twice, in 1955 and 1956. It's highly unlikely that those two will ever play each other more times than MN and Nebraska.

I know, I was kidding. That won't happen, but it is technically possible. I guess Indiana vs. Nebraska has a better shot, but that's just ridiculous, right?

I know, I was kidding. That won't happen, but it is technically possible. I guess Indiana vs. Nebraska has a better shot, but that's just ridiculous, right?

I thought you might be kidding, but it gave me a chance to post the Nebraska vs Big 10 list.

Top Bottom