Gophers open as 9 point favorites against San Jose State

Am I an idiot for thinking this is a really attractive line? I mean, we are at home right? We beat them by 19 last year when they had a draft-worthy QB?

Edit: yes I am the guy who thought yesterday's +16 was attractive and hit it hard, so feel free to answer my question with "yes" and tell me why!

Am I an idiot for thinking this is a really attractive line? I mean, we are at home right? We beat them by 19 last year when they had a draft-worthy QB?

Edit: yes I am the guy who thought yesterday's +16 was attractive and hit it hard, so feel free to answer my question with "yes" and tell me why!

We should beat them by double digits but after watching the mess that was the offense against TCU and with the uncertainty at the QB position it would be really tough to bet on the Gophers right now if I was a betting man (which I am not). It is a game we should win, at home against an inferior opponent, but with the way we have played I could see anything from a blowout to a nailbitter and anything in-between.

Other lines I noticed. Iowa's a dog to Pitt by 4 to 5.5. Neb favored over Miami by 7.5 as well.

I know nothing about SJSU this year, but I know that we manhandled them at the LOS last year with a similarly anemic passing game. I have no reason to believe it won't happen again. Injuries to Cobb and Leidner are worrisome, however...that's why I predicted something like a 10-13 point win in the prediction thread I think.

I think we'll be able to win this one without a passing game.

SJSU lost their QB, David Fales, to the NFL. My guess is that they are worse this year and in particular their passing game. The Gophers will maul them and run the ball down their throats like they did to Middle Tenn St. This game offers the opportunity for Streveler to get comfortable and work on his passing game. It is obvious he is a much better runner than Leidner now it is time to see if he is a better passer in meaningful game time.

Other lines I noticed. Iowa's a dog to Pitt by 4 to 5.5. Neb favored over Miami by 7.5 as well.

Pitt's a darkhorse to face FSU in the ACC title game. Look at their schedule. Beat Iowa and they could very conceivably run the table. At home vs VT and @Miami are their most difficult match-ups.

Top Bottom