Gophers open as -12.5 favorites against Maryland

Two of the Dannettes on the Dan Patrick Show, Paulie and Seaton, are taking the Gophers and giving the 13 points.

Two of the Dannettes on the Dan Patrick Show, Paulie and Seaton, are taking the Gophers and giving the 13 points.

$$ are 2-1 in favor of the Gophs to cover. O/U $$ have moved a lot in Gophs direction over the course of the week, but still favors the under. I expect Gophs to easily cover, and that it goes over.

I'm not a betting guy, and for good reason. But if I were, I'd be all over the MD side of this.

$$ are 2-1 in favor of the Gophs to cover. O/U $$ have moved a lot in Gophs direction over the course of the week, but still favors the under. I expect Gophs to easily cover, and that it goes over.

I think that easily might not be the best adverb to use given that this is a B1G school and Minnesota's history with easily covering any spread is not fantastic.
I'm just hoping for a good W tomorrow :)

Some Other Games

The Gold Sheet handicapper Bruce Marshall provides the Review-Journal with college football tech notes and trends from Goldsheet.com:

Brigham Young at Utah State: The Cougars are on an 0-5 slump against the spread, but have won three of the last four meetings against the Aggies. Utah State is on a 6-15 ATS slide. Edge: Slight to BYU.

Southern California at Washington State: Cougars coach Mike Leach is 9-3 ATS in his last 12 as an underdog. The Trojans are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 road games. Edge: Washington State.

Memphis at Central Florida: The Tigers are on a 2-6 spread slide on the road. Knights coach Scott Frost is 10-5 ATS with Central Florida, including 5-2 ATS at home. Edge: Central Florida.

Syracuse at North Carolina State: Wolfpack coach Dave Doeren was 12-4 ATS as a favorite the past two seasons. Edge: N.C. State.

Baylor at Kansas State: Wildcats coach Bill Snyder is 8-5 ATS in his last 13 as a Big 12 host and has covered three of the last four vs. Baylor. Edge: Kansas State.

Iowa at Michigan State: Hawkeyes coach Kirk Ferentz is on a 9-2-1 ATS run on the road. Edge: Iowa.

Florida State at Wake Forest: Demon Deacons coach Dave Clawson is on a 7-2 ATS run overall, 7-1 as an underdog and 7-4 as a home underdog. He also has covered easily the past two years vs. the Seminoles. Edge: Wake Forest.

Georgia at Tennessee: Vols coach Butch Jones is on a 3-8-2 ATS slide. The underdog has covered five straight in the series. Edge: Slight to Georgia.

Colorado at UCLA: The underdog has covered the last four in the series. Bruins coach Jim Mora is 6-12 ATS as Rose Bowl chalk since 2014. The Buffaloes are on a 7-2 ATS run as road underdogs. Edge: Colorado.

California at Oregon: Golden Bears coach Justin Wilcox is 3-0 ATS as an underdog for California. The Ducks are 5-1 ATS in the last six meetings. Edge: California.

San Jose State at UNLV: The Spartans have won all four meetings against UNLV since joining the Mountain West. But San Jose State is on a 3-14 ATS slide as a visiting underdog. Edge: UNLV.

Mississippi State at Auburn: Mississippi State is on a 9-3 ATS run as a visiting underdog. Edge: Mississippi State.

Clemson at Virginia Tech: The Hokies have covered seven straight vs. FBS foes and are 4-1 ATS in their last five as an Atlantic Coast Conference host. The Tigers are on a 5-9 ATS slide as visiting chalk. Edge: Virginia Tech.

Air Force at New Mexico: Bob Davie is 5-0 ATS vs. the Falcons since taking over the Lobos in 2012. Edge: New Mexico.

Oklahoma State at Texas Tech: The road team has covered the last four in the series. Texas Tech is 6-2-1 ATS in its last nine at home. Edge: Slight to Texas Tech.

Arizona State at Stanford: The Sun Devils are on a 1-5-1 ATS slide on the road. Edge: Stanford.

UNR at Fresno State: The Bulldogs are on an 8-2 ATS run overall and 5-2 ATS in their last seven meetings with the Wolf Pack. Edge: Fresno State.
Northern Illinois at San Diego State: The Huskies are on a 9-1-1 ATS run overall and 6-1 ATS run as a visiting underdog. The Aztecs are 0-3 ATS in their last three as Qualcomm chalk. Edge: Northern Illinois.

Colorado State at Hawaii: The Rams have covered eight of their last nine as visitors. Hawaii is on a 1-10 ATS slide as a Mountain West host. Edge: Colorado State.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/betting/betting-trends-for-college-football-this-weekend-2/

I think that easily might not be the best adverb to use given that this is a B1G school and Minnesota's history with easily covering any spread is not fantastic.
I'm just hoping for a good W tomorrow :)

Glass half full. Gophs beat them by 21 on the road last year. So far this year, MD ranks 102 in scoring D, 81 in total D, 71 in rush D, and 107 in TOP. So far this year, Gophs ranks 1 in scoring D, 5 in total D, 1 in rush D, and 2 in TOP.

Glass half full. Gophs beat them by 21 on the road last year. So far this year, MD ranks 102 in scoring D, 81 in total D, 71 in rush D, and 107 in TOP. So far this year, Gophs ranks 1 in scoring D, 5 in total D, 1 in rush D, and 2 in TOP.

Yup I'm aware of the stats :) I'm also aware of Maryland's QB situation, and I watched their dismal performance last week.
I've just seen too much as a Gopher football fan to not be a skeptic going into a game like this ha

Yup I'm aware of the stats :) I'm also aware of Maryland's QB situation, and I watched their dismal performance last week.
I've just seen too much as a Gopher football fan to not be a skeptic going into a game like this ha

I understand, but if you can't get beyond being a skeptic for this game, then you will be a skeptic for every game this season. The TOP alone should tell you a lot.

Consensus O/U $$ have swung even more in last couple hours...now even.

I heard this morning that the Gophers have covered the spread in 28 of their last 31 Big Ten games. That is an amazing stat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard this morning that the Gophers have covered the spread in 28 of their last 31 Big Ten games. That is an amazing stat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if this was true then my covering spread quip was objectively wrong so fair enough :)

I just don't think Maryland is going to come in here and just get rolled. They are an up and coming team despite having to play their #3 QB.
I think they'll have better plays in line for him so he can be more successful.

I hope I'm wrong. I would love for Fleck to have a 4 game winning streak in the Row-The-Boat Era.

With five minutes left in the game and a 12.5 line the Gophers will hold a 16 point lead and Maryland will have the ball at mid field, yet one side of the equation will turn out to be a genius.

Top Bottom