Gophers open +7 vs Iowa O/U 37.5

This is SUCH a tough game to bet because of MNs offense. I could literally see them getting shut out, but I could also easily see them scoring 24 after watching how NW moved the ball fairly consistently (just not able to finish drives). It's all on the plan Sanford and Fleck come up with. Take what the D gives you, be willing to adjust, stay balanced on O...MN probably beats Iowa.

It's all on the plan Sanford and Fleck come up with.
It will be the same plan we've had all year. And will have for the rest of the year.

Will simply be a matter of how well we execute it, and how well the opposing defense executes their counter-plan against us.

IE, we're not going to try to use scheme to beat our opponents or take advantage of their weaknesses. We're just going to line up and try to be better than them.

Like in the old days, when two armies would just line up across from each other and keep shooting until one side was all dead.

The Badgers scored 27 on Iowa, though 7 were on a very short drive. Surely the team with the much better offense can score more.

This is SUCH a tough game to bet because of MNs offense. I could literally see them getting shut out, but I could also easily see them scoring 24 after watching how NW moved the ball fairly consistently (just not able to finish drives). It's all on the plan Sanford and Fleck come up with. Take what the D gives you, be willing to adjust, stay balanced on O...MN probably beats Iowa.
You literally just used three cliches to describe how they can win.

The Badgers scored 27 on Iowa, though 7 were on a very short drive. Surely the team with the much better offense can score more.
Look who shows up once the badgers get back on track. Where you were you with your snarky comments earlier?

it's maximum bearishness so that means we're bringing home Floyd

"The ball is the program" in this one. If Morgan does not throw interceptions we win the game. If Morgan plays like he has been playing and locks into wide receivers or receivers drop the ball we are toast. This one is hard to predict because we are so inconsistent and Morgan and the passing game are so sporadic. I have no idea how one can predict this game. Saying that.

I like our OL against their front 7, if we can keep them honest.
I like our DL against their OL as I really don't think Iowa will be consistent in moving the ball.

I really think it boils down to can our WR's and QB perform at the level we need them to (and will we give them a chance). I don't think Stanford can call a game to fit Morgan's strengths, which in my mind is two wide receiver reads in close proximity to each other, where Morgan is given the choice to pick the open route and zip the ball in. Morgan is not a, examine the field and find the open receiver QB.

I'm going over!!!!

This is not a 21-16 type game.
This will be a 31-17 type game.

Sagarin has the top four with GA 97, AL 94, tOSU 94 and OK 89.
As one would imagine OK has the worst SOS at 74.
The teams of interest to the top teams in the West and some of their opponents have:
WI 86
IA 82
MN 78
Pur 76
NE 75
Sagarin's computer likes WI probably because of their SOS.
IA is favored by 6-7 because of 3 points for home field.
Unless MN shows an improvement in the OL in pass protection and running IA will win.
Every OC sees his team in practice and makes a judgement about what they are capable of doing.
WI surprised last Saturday by passing and despite one egregious error by Mertz in the first series Mertz ended up in the three quarters at 11/16 and a very high QB rating.
Chryst saw things in practice that led him to scheme to pass more to overcome Rutgers stacking the line of scrimmage against the run.

If Purdue is more than +14 against tOSU I would bet the farm on them.
tOSU showed me nothing against NE. They had about 60 yards in rushing by the third quarter and gave up two or three long TD plays by NE and treated the game as it were a practice game to give their new QB some game time experience.
Or tOSU does not have a running game.

Look who shows up once the badgers get back on track. Where you were you with your snarky comments earlier?
I was ripping the Badgers earlier. Take a look at my posts. This has been a pleasant surprise I was not expecting.

If Purdue is more than +14 against tOSU I would bet the farm on them.
tOSU showed me nothing against NE. They had about 60 yards in rushing by the third quarter and gave up two or three long TD plays by NE and treated the game as it were a practice game to give their new QB some game time experience.
Or tOSU does not have a running game.
They were +20 when I bet on them this morning. I'm a small-time DK better, but I put a healthy amount on them to cover.

PJ's gone elite with his game strategy for beating the Squakeyes. Losing a game to IL that doesn't matter in our winning the West is just a setup to get Iowa thinking we're a pushover. I mean come on now, would you rather beat Bert in a non-trophy game, or crush IWOA? Way to go PJ, elite thinking on your part. The pig is ours!!!

I mean come on now, would you rather beat Bert in a non-trophy game, or crush IWOA?

Yes, I would rather beat Iowa and lose to Illinois than the other way around but it remains to be seen whether the second outcome gets us the first.

I shopped until I found +7.5 instead of +7. I guess Trickett could still screw me on the 7.5 somehow though....

Huh where'd you find that? I saw it down to 6 on DK last night.
Gotta shop around sometimes, and be ready when they are posted! Never let the hook get you!

I think the Gophers win outright. As dogs or in the bigger contests this year, they have mostly showed up. They've only shit the bed in games as big favorites.

A small wager on Gophers on the ML wouldn't be a bad idea.

Top Bottom