Gophers Open -6.5 vs. PSU

tjgopher

Reaction score
Gophers are a 6.5-point favorite. I didn't think it would be this big of a spread. I thought it would be more like -3. PSU just played @MSU to a 3-pt game and vs. Purdue to a 4-pt game. I think those who wager will be inclined to take PSU +6.5.

In addition, the other two BTT games seem like easy money to me (I don't wager):

Michigan -8 vs. Iowa (I think Michigan wins by double digits)
Northwestern -6 vs. Indiana (I think Northwestern wins by double digits)

Thoughts??

I wouldn't touch Michigan. I think most Gopher fans' minds are clouded by their performances against us head to head. In addition, Iowa has looked somewhat feisty at times this year, but looked like a complete joke against us both times.

Of the two, NU is the better bet, but I wouldn't even be sure about that one.

I wouldn't touch Michigan. I think most Gopher fans' minds are clouded by their performances against us head to head. In addition, Iowa has looked somewhat feisty at times this year, but looked like a complete joke against us both times.

Of the two, NU is the better bet, but I wouldn't even be sure about that one.

Interesting. I was thinking just the opposite. I think Michigan -8 is easy, easy money. Michigan has humiliated Iowa each of the last two BTTs, smoked them in Ann Arbor, beat them Iowa City, and this will be the same. Iowa has cashed it in. They are done. Back-to-back 30+ point losses tells me Iowa's players are ready for the year to be over. And, they are TERRIBLE away from Iowa City (3-25 last two seasons). Michigan BIG here.

Northwestern, on the other hand, just lost to Indiana last weekend. Indiana has a slight homecourt edge. That one is dicier, IMHO.

This is why I don't bet!!!

Interesting. I was thinking just the opposite. I think Michigan -8 is easy, easy money. Michigan has humiliated Iowa each of the last two BTTs, smoked them in Ann Arbor, beat them Iowa City, and this will be the same. Iowa has cashed it in. They are done. Back-to-back 30+ point losses tells me Iowa's players are ready for the year to be over. And, they are TERRIBLE away from Iowa City (3-25 last two seasons). Michigan BIG here.

Northwestern, on the other hand, just lost to Indiana last weekend. Indiana has a slight homecourt edge. That one is dicier, IMHO.

This is why I don't bet!!!

Indiana will have a semi-homecourt advantage, but it'll be interesting to see how much it will help. It seems like the crowd at assembly hall really pulls them through at times, like the NW game. If I were a betting man, I'd shy away from that one.

I'm also surprised that the line is that high against Penn st. Maybe because we crushed Iowa?? The last two Thursday BTT games we have played have been pretty close, even though we were the higher seed.

Top Bottom