Gophers officially announce additions to 2014 class

I also think it is presumptous and rude of us to state on a public forum that we would want a coach to take a way a scholarship from a player that hasn't had behavioral issues just so we can get another player we hope is better.

+1

For those that wanted to see king and/or Buggs at the 3(as opposed to the 4) I think you may get to see it a bit. I like this team. A lot of tall athletic players next year and beyond!!

I also think it is presumptous and rude of us to state on a public forum that we would want a coach to take a way a scholarship from a player that hasn't had behavioral issues just so we can get another player we hope is better.

Skage, for that comment I would like to give you a standing ovulation. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Not even close to 12. I simply don't think it's praise worthy that you learn the official languages of the countries that you live in. If you grew up here and moved to Mexico I wouldn't be impressed if you learned Spanish, I would be unimpressed if you didn't though. Learning the languages of the places you live should be expected, it shouldn't be an accomplishment worthy of praise and adoration.

Sorry, I'm not impressed by feats any normal person would accomplish in a similar situation. I'm not knocking the guy.

So, you are just ignoring that he has learned English? You are ignoring you only speak English? And yet because you have chosen to remain anchored near the comforts of mom you are scoffing at his accomplishments versus your own limited experiences. Too funny.

+1

For those that wanted to see king and/or Buggs at the 3(as opposed to the 4) I think you may get to see it a bit. I like this team. A lot of tall athletic players next year and beyond!!

Just a guess...seems more likely Martin gets time at 3 than those two.

Just a guess...seems more likely Martin gets time at 3 than those two.

Martin will not be playing the 3 next season. With all the problems we had at the 4 last season, you do not bring in a freshman banger and then play him out of position. I'm very interested in seeing how Coach P. and staff handle Martin, because I thought they did a good job finding spots for McNeil. If we want to go dancing, King and Martin need to provide B1G average play at the 4.

For the first time in a while I re-watched Martin's highlights today and I think this clip shows the potential he may have at the 3 spot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHHQDxKZq18#t=32. That was against a bigger/slower defender though. If he is going up against a quicker player he may not be able to take his man off the dribble like that. But that is why I used the word "potential."

So I am all for him playing as much as possible at PF.

So, you are just ignoring that he has learned English? You are ignoring you only speak English? And yet because you have chosen to remain anchored near the comforts of mom you are scoffing at his accomplishments versus your own limited experiences. Too funny.

Go away. I am not interjecting what I am or am not able to speak. I simply don't think it's impressive. Get over it.

For the first time in a while I re-watched Martin's highlights today and I think this clip shows the potential he may have at the 3 spot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHHQDxKZq18#t=32. That was against a bigger/slower defender though. If he is going up against a quicker player he may not be able to take his man off the dribble like that. But that is why I used the word "potential."

So I am all for him playing as much as possible at PF.

Not like he can't take guys off the dribble or shoot if he's playing the 4 for us. I think PF makes a lot more sense for him, especially since that position is a weak spot for us.

Obviously but

Not like he can't take guys off the dribble or shoot if he's playing the 4 for us. I think PF makes a lot more sense for him, especially since that position is a weak spot for us.

if we have 5 "guards" to play the 1,2, and 3 spots come October somebody other than that may become a 3, at some point. Seems unlikely Konate or Gaston are candidates, right? Leaves Buggs and King and you do need to be able to handle the ball some, to be effective at 3 ..correct? Buggs hasn't learned the 4 spot.
While King can qualify to almost "some" ball handling imo he' not a the best choice for 3. Martin is. He wants to be a three which I believe is a factor, not that that makes him one, but it does motivate him to improve to do so. He can handle the ball. In addition, he is the quickest of our available backup plan candidates. Not saying he's not a four or we don't need him there. Martin also has played a lot of basketball... he's seems more adaptable than the other choices.

It makes our zone better. It allows us to match up better with Kentucky in the NCAA Tournament. It makes Martin more versatile and valuable to the team. Do you think the coaches don't know we have 5 guards? Seems pretty clearly one of the alternatives to me.

if we have 5 "guards" to play the 1,2, and 3 spots come October somebody other than that may become a 3, at some point. Seems unlikely Konate or Gaston are candidates, right? Leaves Buggs and King and you do need to be able to handle the ball some, to be effective at 3 ..correct? Buggs hasn't learned the 4 spot.
While King can qualify to almost "some" ball handling imo he' not a the best choice for 3. Martin is. He wants to be a three which I believe is a factor, not that that makes him one, but it does motivate him to improve to do so. He can handle the ball. In addition, he is the quickest of our available backup plan candidates. Not saying he's not a four or we don't need him there. Martin also has played a lot of basketball... he's seems more adaptable than the other choices.

It makes our zone better. It allows us to match up better with Kentucky in the NCAA Tournament. It makes Martin more versatile and valuable to the team. Do you think the coaches don't know we have 5 guards? Seems pretty clearly one of the alternatives to me.

Having 5 guys at the 1, 2 and 3 isn't ideal, but when most of them can play more than one position it helps. As long as we stay healthy we'll be fine, but if we don't then you're right, someone is going to have to play out of position. I guess we'll see what happens, but I hope we aren't forced to play one of our 4s there.

Go away. I am not interjecting what I am or am not able to speak. I simply don't think it's impressive. Get over it.

Which was completely unnecessary. I give a kid compliment and you seem to have a need to piss all over, did you go to the dpo school of picking your battles, seems like a weird thing to jump on, but whatever.

Which was completely unnecessary. I give a kid compliment and you seem to have a need to piss all over, did you go to the dpo school of picking your battles, seems like a weird thing to jump on, but whatever.

Kid speaks three languages. Pretty impressive. Gopher guy needs to let it go.

Having 5 guys at the 1, 2 and 3 isn't ideal, but when most of them can play more than one position it helps. As long as we stay healthy we'll be fine, but if we don't then you're right, someone is going to have to play out of position. I guess we'll see what happens, but I hope we aren't forced to play one of our 4s there.

Yeah, with the way the roster sits now we're in trouble if one of our 5 guards gets hurt. 5 guys to play 3 spots is doable but certainly not ideal. I think that's why some of us are still watching the transfer wire despite not having another spot right now.

Do not forget that we did go short with the minutes last year with virtually the same guard lineup. The minutes for Mav and Malik down the stretch were drastically reduced. So if Carlos and Nate can cover the "minutes" that Austin took up it would be a wash as far as a rotation goes. I get that they peices may not be ideal, but we have gone shorter on a guard rotation in the past.

I think one of the forwards playing minutes at the 3 next year is almost inevitable. Last year Pitino was extremely short at forward and had three players (Andre, Austin, and Deandre) that he would have wanted on the court most of the time. This year could be quite different and I think there is a strong likelihood that he might experiment with different sorts of lineups.

I think one of the forwards playing minutes at the 3 next year is almost inevitable. Last year Pitino was extremely short at forward and had three players (Andre, Austin, and Deandre) that he would have wanted on the court most of the time. This year could be quite different and I think there is a strong likelihood that he might experiment with different sorts of lineups.

I think this is true (he will experiment to get taller lineups out there). If one of the new bigs (assuming one of them is ready) or Elliason is on the floor then you have some rim protection if a guy gets beat off the dribble. So in that case you might see a Buggs or King move over to the 3 spot to provide more length at the position as well as give us minutes when resting Morris. On offense neither Buggs or King are a problem because they can both shoot the ball from distance.

Hey, Gaston doesn't have a "legal" "education" that has allowed him to form wildly distorted and inaccurate views of the NCAA - so that's just one more thing 0723 has over him.

Top Bottom