Gophers offer Waconia's Shelby Moats (2011)

does anyone feel we are becoming too much like Wisconsin? Slower, unathletic big men who can shoot, gaurds who arent necessarily fast or atheltic, but can shoot, making way for a slower half court offense? heres what im talking about, (Moats, Jesperson, Osenieks, Hoffarber, Oglesby, Eliason, Walker) etc... We need Colemans, Mbakwes, RW jrs, Hollins, Lomombas, RS3s, Al Nolens. They make for a deadly defense, and a fast paced offense.

Seven of the names mentioned might not ever play for the Gophers.

Seven of the names mentioned might not ever play for the Gophers.

thats my point, if they become gophers, Tubbys style of play is going to have to change drastically. Making us more of a halfcourt team that looks more and more like a Wisconsin team.

thats my point, if they become gophers, Tubbys style of play is going to have to change drastically. Making us more of a halfcourt team that looks more and more like a Wisconsin team.

Gotcha Go Gophs, I guess I was doing the "who knows what's ahead?"

Oh, what short memories. Who jumped on the band wagon last season that the team was lacking a half-court game?

Well, we probably had the most athletic team last year but struggled to hit open shots. I'm sure if we could easily get shooters who are fast and athletic, we would. I see what you're saying about the comparison, but you might as well wait to see which players actually end up coming in that class, and you also might as well wait to see how our incoming players who you think fit the Wisc mold end up doing. Our defense might not be as good, but we also might have a much better half-court offense with more unathletic shooters.

does anyone feel we are becoming too much like Wisconsin? Slower, unathletic big men who can shoot, gaurds who arent necessarily fast or atheltic, but can shoot, making way for a slower half court offense? heres what im talking about, (Moats, Jesperson, Osenieks, Hoffarber, Oglesby, Eliason, Walker) etc... We need Colemans, Mbakwes, RW jrs, Hollins, Lomombas, RS3s, Al Nolens. They make for a deadly defense, and a fast paced offense.

Top Bottom