Gophers offer Detroit safety, Daniel Easterly

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this update from SuperPrep.com:

Detroit Cass Tech safety Daniel Easterly now has three scholarship offers, two of them from the Big Ten conference as the second one came on Monday.

Last Friday, Daniel Easterly picked up an offer from Illinois. It was his second offer (Toledo was the first) and first from the Big Ten. It was then that Easterly told Scout.com he expected a few more to come in the near future. His words proved prophetic as another one came on Monday.
“Minnesota just offered me,” he reported, “I talked to Coach Ron Lee and they mailed the official offer.”

The 6’5, 195-lb Easterly has been recruited at several positions and as a result, the Golden Gophers are not binding him or them to one position.

“They said I could play safety. I could play linebacker too, but I’d have to grow into it. They said the way I hit, I could play linebacker. They also said I could play wide receiver because I’m pretty fast and tall.”

Easterly has not been to Minneapolis, but with the new scholarship offer, it is likely that he will soon.

“They (Minnesota) want me to come down there for a visit. My dad wants to go as soon as possible because we have junior days to go to at Michigan, Iowa and Wisconsin.”

As a junior, Easterly had 15 batted passes, 58 solo tackles, 15 assists, two interceptions, four fumble recoveries and two forced fumbles.

Go Gophers!!

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see this kid in the maroon and gold. Could you imagine a 6'5" safety if he is as fast as scout and rivlas thinks he is?? Some people will say that 6'5" is to tall for a safety. I say thats outrageous. Why not have a tall safety?? but if he bulks up to 225-235, what a nice looking OLB.

I watched his video on Rivals and he seemed to move really well. You don't normally see safeties at that height because their center of gravity is too high and it makes their hips less fluid. However, he actually looked like he could pull it off and he was a good tackler.

The video was of him playing safety so I don't know how good his hands are but that is ideal size for a WR. It makes me think of USC Wide Receivers. If there is one offense to copy what they are recruiting, for me that offense is USC with honorable mention to the speed of Florida.

I'm guessing he could grow into a solid LB.

Top Bottom