Gophers offensive line among most experienced units in college football in 2021

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

“It’s the deepest offensive line/tight end (group) I’ve been a part of,” Fleck said Saturday. “Part of that is the scholarship numbers and allowing people to come back.”

Go Gophers!!

It is crazy to think that we have 8 guys with starting experience and we also have a transfer who has multiple years as a starter under his belt at his last school.

Our O-Line is old and has a lot of game experience to draw on. Huge luxury knowing it would take 3-4 injuries before even having to turn to someone with no experience.

Hopefully our O-Line is dominant this year and gives Tanner and Mo plenty of time to make things happen. Mo has to be really excited to know that he gets to run behind such an experienced group.

Actually you should really be thanking a global pandemic. That is what really put the roster over the top from an experience standpoint.
Go team pande.....eeeeeehhhhh I don't like this...

I am upbeat for the upcoming season in a very similar way as I felt in the spring/summer of 2019. Now, as I did then, I feel like the Gophers are being overlooked by the national and regional press - with their old habits of gravitating back to focusing their attention on traditional powers.

I am a fan, so I am subject to my own bias and perhaps my short memory is glossing over just how bad the defense was for much of the season last year. If it can make the required turnaround, and key players stay healthy - we could be looking at the second historic season in three years.

Now let's go beat tOSU!

Enough said.

How awesome would that be?

Imagine the Gophers get an early lead, and then just pound them up front, piling up first downs and grinding the clock.

And, add this optimistic thought (as long as we're fantasizing about an upset of tOSU) — our defense was playing much, much better at the end of last season.

Last edited:

Let's not forget that the Gophers played with thirty three less players when they marched to Memorial Stadium and beat the favored CornHuslers in their own turf.

How many who played are second and third string players, especially on Defense?

So, IMHO it conceivable that the Gophers are capable of pulling an upset against tOSU if they take the Gophers for granted.

With the transfers that they got this season, I would venture to say that the Gophers are a dangerous team more so than the National Media think.

They cannot afford to lose to Miami Ohio, Colorado, or to Bowling Green. They must maintain their momentum.

Last edited:

Top Bottom