Gophers not in Gavitt Games

We should schedule DePaul again, regardless.

If DePaul looks like a Final Four contender again, we'll at least know we're in trouble. Also would be fun to play against Henley.

For whatever reason I've never been as big a fan of the Gavitt Games as I was the B1G/ACC challenge. I know we didn't draw many/any marquee matchups in that challenge either, but there were always a few fun games.

For whatever reason I've never been as big a fan of the Gavitt Games as I was the B1G/ACC challenge. I know we didn't draw many/any marquee matchups in that challenge either, but there were always a few fun games.

Same here. I think it's for a few reasons... 1) ESPN made the ACC/Big Ten challenge a huge event. For three nights in a row, they focused pretty much entirely on the event and advertised extensively for it. For whatever reason, Fox doesn't really seem to prioritize the Gavitt Games. Yeah it's on TV, but there's very little talk or promotion for it. 2) It was the very first challenge, so it holds nostalgic factor. 3) The win-loss tally for the event was broadcasted in real time. Makes it fun to see who wins. I've never seen the Gavitt Games do that.

Top Bottom