Gophers Need To Score Big to Beat Iowa

Can't really call a dink on this one.

Need to bring Floyd home tonight.

Yeah the offense is going to need a big night...if they are flat it could be ugly fast.

Iowa has not been very explosive on offense this season so hopefully that helps out our defense and takes away some of the home run threats we saw with Maryland and even Michigan.

Their defense has played well like usual although I don't know that they have really been tested much to this point having gone up against the #8, #10, and #12 ranked offenses in the conference through 3 games.

Hopefully we come out fast on offense and play similar to how we did against Illinois. When Iowa stacks the box we throw and when they drop back in coverage you let Mo go to work. It was the formula that worked so well last year and it was on display again against Illinois.

The Iowa offense has not been real great this year, but they do have the weapons to get it rolling at some point, and I hope tonight is the not the night.

Their QB is highly rated and has a good arm, but has just not looked real great. He has one great WR Smith-Marsette , the second one, #12 is above average as well, and a bunch of TEs. The RBs are better than what we have seen from Iowa many years, with #15 Goodson making our defense look bad in the first half last year., plus #10 and #21 have more burst than you'd expect.

I am hoping for the best and some defensive progress will be needed if there is any hope for a win. What our offense can do against a risk adverse, bend but not break Iowa defense is also an unknown, although less so than what our Defense will do or not do.

A tight win would be relief and a 2014 like blowout would be a great surprise. A blowout the other way is not out of the question.

Last edited:

Top Bottom