Gophers need to hire Joe Moorhead

noamfromm

Reaction score
Hear me out. The Gophers best coaches in program history, Bierman and Warmath, both were seasoned at Mississippi State for two years before coming to Minnesota. Joe Morehead recently had a couple of seasons in Mississippi State, was terminated in '19 and has shown great offensive potential. I think with this experience he should now be our top candidate and can be the bridge back to title contention.

Top candidate for what?

Last time I checked we had a head coach and pretty sure we still have a full offensive staff unless I missed something.

Well there's that little issue he had with his 2018 team...

nope-no.gif

Hear me out. The Gophers best coaches in program history, Bierman and Warmath, both were seasoned at Mississippi State for two years before coming to Minnesota. Joe Morehead recently had a couple of seasons in Mississippi State, was terminated in '19 and has shown great offensive potential. I think with this experience he should now be our top candidate and can be the bridge back to title contention.
PJ Fleck doesn't take long to find replacement coaches. He encourages his coaches to develop their talents. He is open to his coaches moving on to further their careers. He is well-connected through his networks. He is constantly recruiting players and coaches. If Joe Morehead is no Joe Dirt, I think PJ Fleck probably is aware of him. I'd have to say losing Ciarrocca hurts. It will also hurt if he loses Harasymiak eventually and taking people like Matt Simon with him.

Every coach in the land worth his brans wants to win a title. They are dynamic in their view of players and coaches. They keep options open. So, bring on Joe Morehead should Mike Sanford Jr. decides to become a head coach elsewhere.

Last edited:

PJ Fleck doesn't take long to find replacement coaches. He encourages his coaches to develop their talents. He is open to his coaches moving on to further their careers. He is well-connected through his networks. He is constantly recruiting players and coaches. If Joe Morehead is no Joe Dirt, I think PJ Fleck probably is aware of him. I'd have to say losing Ciarrocca hurts. It will also hurt if he loses Harasymiak eventually and taking people like Matt Simon with him.

Every coach in the land worth his brans wants to win a title. They are dynamic in their view of players and coaches. They keep options open. So, bring on Joe Morehead should Mike Sanford Jr. decides to become a head coach elsewhere.
Do you think Fleck would bring in a former HC whose team was sanctioned and had to vacate a season of wins due to academic cheating?

The good thing is PJ has proven (unlike Kill) that he is also willing to move on to the next coach too.

It paid off for PJ.... wish Jerry had done that earlier ... but that just wasn't Jerry's thing.

Wasn't he at State Penn before Miss State? It would be an even swap for Ciarrocca.

Wasn't he at State Penn before Miss State? It would be an even swap for Ciarrocca.
Kirk is at WV -- which if he had taken that job the year prior, he would most likely still be the OC

Kirk is at WV -- which if he had taken that job the year prior, he would most likely still be the OC
Yeah, it was just a dumb comment by me about him leaving Minnesota for PSU. Joe Moorhead from PSU prior to MSU to Minnesota.

Sometimes I say useless things.....................

Joe Moorhead is a vastly superior play caller to Ciarrocca….however there are things that are baggage on him

Top candidate for what?

Last time I checked we had a head coach and pretty sure we still have a full offensive staff unless I missed something.
Thanks for the clarification. I thought something was going on. noanfromm. You drunk or high on drugs today?

Are you saying he is Joe Dirt?

Top Bottom