Gophers move up 4 spots to #13 in Coach's Poll

jjgopher

Reaction score
Quite a nice jump for only playing 1 game vs. NDSU. Just think of the possibilities of where we could be ranked going into Big Ten Opener vs. Wisconsin. #5? It's a possibility. One game at a time tho!

Go Gophs!

Good. I know it's a bit nitpicky and even this early in the year rankings still aren't settled, but when we play on ESPN they go with the coaches poll ranking next to our name or any other pregame announcements. So last week rather than the 15th ranked ( ap ) Gophers we were the 17th ranked ( espn/coaches ) poll Gophers.

Not important, just something I noticed.

I think the bounce is a reflection on the Coache's poll last week being largely submitted before the WVU win. We now have full credit for that win in both polls.

Blizz is right on the money. And to be honest, I have a tendency to put more validity in the ESPN/Coaches Poll than the AP Poll. After all, last week that dude from Provo gave a "no ranking" to the Gophers, and that was on the AP poll.

Wow, the coaches must think a lot of NDSU! Nothing like beating a Summit League team to improve your ranking. We're comin'!!!

Top Bottom