Gophers & Mitch Leidner on front of ESPN College Football page

Curseislifted33

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/college-football/

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/96327/spring-preview-capsules-west-division

MINNESOTA

Spring start: March 4
Spring game: April 12

What to watch:

•Mitch's pitches: Philip Nelson's transfer means redshirt sophomore Mitch Leidner enters spring practice as the No. 1 quarterback. He's a load to bring down when he runs, but Leidner needs to improve his passing accuracy after completing 55 percent of his passes in the regular season and only half of his 22 attempts in the Texas Bowl game loss to Syracuse. Added experience should help. If not, he's got some talented youngsters such as Chris Streveler and Dimonic Roden-McKinzy aiming to dethrone him.
•Mitch's catchers: Of course, part of the problem behind the Gophers' Big Ten-worst passing offense was a lack of threats at receiver. Drew Wolitarsky and Donovahn Jones showed promise as true freshmen and should only improve with an offseason of work. It's critical that they do, or else Minnesota might have to count on three receiver signees early.
•Replacing Ra'Shede: The Gophers only lost four senior starters, but defensive tackle Ra'Shede Hageman might be the most difficult to replace. The first-team All-Big Ten selection created havoc inside defensively, and there aren't many athletes like him floating around. Scott Ekpe could take many of Hageman's reps, but the defensive line overall will have to pick up the slack.

Here's to hoping Mitch seizes the opportunity and really makes some strides this offseason. I'm excited for what is to come!

I hope they run him less, or we have a backup ready to play. Not throwing more in the preseason last year was a mistake in my opinion. We could over power the preseason teams, but we were not ready to throw when we had to play conference teams we could not over power when they stacked against the run.

I've said this before, but for whatever reason, Mitch is just really easy to root for. Love the picture on the CFB page - kid just looks the part

Is this another thread where we can debate PN vs ML? Oh I hope so.

Top Bottom