Gophers Lose Border Battle

Ski U Master

Reaction score
MOFIULLKKEROSIY.20071010183456.jpg

Gophers finished behind Wisconsin in the final 3 sports this weekend and fall to the Badgers in this year's Border Battle. The all-time series is now tied 4-4 and the Gophers lead 4-3 since the scoring system was changed after the first year to include non-head-to-head sports like Cross Country, Track, Swimming, etc. where the team that finishes higher in the Big Ten meet gets the full 40 points.
2mm5qhv.jpg

t6czep.jpg

Attachments

• MOFIULLKKEROSIY.20071010183456.jpg
    MOFIULLKKEROSIY.20071010183456.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 1

Yarg! Well, a tip of the cap to UW. See you in the fall when we start again!

UW wins the overall battle, and takes the crown in the money-making sports. Badgers win, 5-2.

Men's hockey = 2-2.
Men's basketball = 2-0 Badgers.
Football = 1-0 Badgers.

UW wins the overall battle, and takes the crown in the money-making sports. Badgers win, 5-2.

Men's hockey = 2-2.
Men's basketball = 2-0 Badgers.
Football = 1-0 Badgers.

These are really the only ones that matter in 90% of fans' eyes. It does feel good to beat Wisconsin in any sport, but years like this prove we not only lose in the big boy matchups but even our "well-balanced" athletic department can't hold up. It is nice that most years we win, we win big while they tend to win it just barely.

Oh well, next year we get a crack at it.

all i take from this is we need to improve in rowing ;)

I see they didn't beat us in Baseball, America's sport. How pathetic is it that wussconsin doesn't even have baseball?! Losers.

I guess Maturi's boathouse investment didn't pay off the way he thought it would...

I think we should fire Maturi and hire a new AD.

highwayman said:
I think we should fire Maturi and hire a new AD.

That seems harsh. Maybe we could find something for him to do, get coffee or something, and pay him half a mill?

I used to go to the UW baseball summer camp. UW barely supported the program. The park was down by Picnic Point behind the Nat and was chain link and nothing more. You worked on grounders behind the bleachers. Coach Steve Land had to supplement his income by being a HS math teacher.

Top Bottom